Warning: These muffins are NOT low-fat!! In quite the contrary, they are HIGH FAT. But depending on the type of diet you choose to live with, it may be a perfect muffin recipe for you! These muffins are gluten-free, “paleo”, refined sugar free, and butter and dairy free. SO, if that’s something you’re into, then you will LOVE these muffins.
These banana muffins are made from almond meal, super ripe bananas, coconut oil, and honey (and some other stuff thrown in there). These are SUPER moist, super flavorful, and super filling! They are great as a quick grab-n-go breakfast, or as a delicious nighttime treat.
If you are afraid of the high fat content in these muffins you can replace some, or all, of the almond meal with oat flour (or the flour of your choice). They still taste just as delicious!
- 3 cups almond meal (or whatever flour you would like to sub in)
- 2-3 SUPER ripe bananas (the softer and mushier, the better)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tin, I like to use coconut oil to grease mine.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add the mushed bananas and the wet ingredients into the large bowl, and mix all ingredients until combined. It should be a thick, batter consistency.
- Spoon about a ¼ cup of the batter into eat muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Wait at least an hour before removing from tin, so that they don't break.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
Have you ever used almond flour before? What’s you favorite thing to make with it?