But, just because it was snowing doesn’t mean I didn’t get my workout in. Luckily, I am prepared and have a set of dumbbells for this very reason!
This is a great full body workout that uses only dumbbells. It’s perfect for a quick workout at home or when the gym is so packed that you have very little space to move around. It’s also great for anyone who travels a lot because almost ALL hotel gyms have some dumbbells.
The total workout should only take about 30 minutes, so make sure you KEEP IT MOVING! Circuits are suppose to be quick and efficient.
Dumbbells (using 10 pounds)
Full Body Dumbbell Circuit
Complete this workout as a circuit moving from one exercise to the next with no rest. Repeat this circuit 3 times through.
- Burpees – Start standing, holding the dumbbells by your sides. Lower down into a low squat positions and place the weights down on the floor. Jump your feet back into a plank position, making sure your shoulders are right over the weights. Jump the feet back in to your low squat position and stand up. Curl the weights up doing a bicep curl and press the weights overhead. Repeat for 15 repetitions.
- Renegade Rows – Starting in a plank position with your hands holding the weights, shift your weight into the LEFT arm as you raise your RIGHT arm up into a row position squeezing the shoulder blade. Lower the weight back down to the floor. Repeat with the LEFT arm. Complete 15 repetitions on each side
- Jump Squats – Start standing with the weights in your hands. Bend the knees and sit the hips back as if your were sitting back into a chair. Explosively press through the feet and jump into the air straight up. Land as softly as you can back into a squat position. Repeat continuously for 15 repetitions.
- Tricep Kickbacks – Start standing in a slight lunging position with your LEFT foot forward and your RIGHT foot back. Place your LEFT hand on your front thigh and hold your LIGHTER weight in your RIGHT hand. Lift the RIGHT elbow so that you upper arm is parallel to the floor. Only moving from the elbow to the weight, use the back of your RIGHT arm to straighten your arm and lift the weight back. Bend at the elbow to complete one repetition. Repeat, keeping the elbow lifted, for 15 repetitions.
- Lunges – Start standing with your RIGHT foot forward and holding the dumbbells down by your hips with your palms facing in. Keep the weight in your front heel, and bend the knees to 90 degrees and lower into a lunge. Mae sure to keep the chest up and the abs tight. Use the booty and the back of the front leg to straighten the legs back up. Complete 15 repetitions on the RIGHT leg, and then switch sides.
What’s you favorite dumbbell exercise?? Let me know in the comments below!