As you can tell by now from these almond butter brownies and this chocolate chip cookie dough yogurt, I LOVE chocolate. These truffles may take the cake on my chocolatey romance, and they are SUPER simple to make. They are ALMOST as amazing as Godiva Chocolates… almost… 😉
Plus, these are a nice little treat that you can make as a gift for your special someone, or even your fit girl gal pal! The nice thing about them is that they are made from all clean ingredients, 70% dark chocolate, organic milk (you could even use almond milk!), and coconut oil.
You can roll these truffles into tons of different toppings. I’ve done shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped nuts, or raw cacao powder. But, to stay with the Valentine’s Day theme, I rolled these in red and pink colored sugar. I found these decorative sugars at Whole Foods and they are colored with beet juice! NO nasty fake colorants!
Once the chocolate is melted and everything is thoroughly mixed together, refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight. Once hardened, use a teaspoon to scoop out some chocolate and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Immediately roll the truffle in the sugar and place on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the truffle mixture. Once all the truffles have been rolled place them back in the refrigerator for another half hour or so to harden back up.
Put these cute little truffles in a mini Valentine’s themed take out box — I saw a million cute ones at Target and forgot to pick some up! — or just in a small clear bag and dress it up with colorful ribbon. These are perfect for the chocolate lover in your life…or yourself! 😉
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil over a low heat in a double boiler OR melt on 50% power in the microwave for 30 second intervals until almost completely melted, and then stir to fully melt any remaining clumps.
- Mix in the milk of your choice, and stir to combine fully.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a teaspoon scoop out the truffle mixture and use your hand to shape into small one-inch balls.
- Roll the truffle into your topping and place on a plate.
- Once all truffles are rolled, refrigerate for another 30 minutes to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
What’s your favorite way too enjoy some chocolate??