So for a special post Valentine’s Day treat, I made some delicious French Toast yesterday for Nik and I. Since I started eating clean, I try to not eat too much regular bread and I usually stay clear of most things made from refined flour. However, I am obsessed with Ezekiel bread! So naturally, I make Ezekiel Bread French Toast, and you’d never even guess it’s healthy!
Reasons to ♡ Ezekiel Bread:
♥ Made from sprouted grains such as wheat, millet, barley, and spelt. Sprouted grains are more nutritional dense than just the grain itself.
♥ Also made from legumes such as soybeans and lentils which add more protein to the bread.
♥ There is no added sugar as in many other breads
♥ It is made from only organic ingredients
♥ Lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein than regular bread
I like my French toast pretty dense so I used 2 whole eggs. I’ve made this many times with a whole egg and some egg whites, but egg whites alone is tasty just as well! But since this was a sort of treat meal for me, and Nik isn’t the most health conscience, I had no problem with the fat in the eggs! 😉 Feel free to experiment with what you like best!…Oh, and don’t skimp on the cinnamon!!
- Heat a non-stick pan over a low to medium. Grease pan with the coconut oil.
- Scramble the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and honey in a medium bowl. Transfer the egg mixture in a pie dish, or low-set bowl.
- Soak the Ezekiel bread in the egg mixture for 15 second on each side.
- Cook the Ezekiel bread for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with toppings of choice.
What’s your most favorite breakfast recipe?!