Nik and I headed over to a friend’s house for the Big Game this year and I was in charge of bringing the wings and dessert, which was my AMAZING low-fat cheesecake. I also ended up making this same recipe with shrimp and both variations were PHENOMENAL.
These wings are super simple to make and a little healthier than traditional fried Buffalo wings. These bad boys are seasoned (no salt added!) and baked, then doused in hot sauce! I personally had wanted to make this recipe with chicken tenderloins, which would have made this even healthier AND MUCH LOWER IN FAT, but since everyone else wanted wings, I was over ruled. BUT, keep in mind that your CAN make these with tenderloins for an even healthier version!
And nothing goes better with Buffalo wings than blue cheese dressing and carrots and celery. So of course I made a skinny blue cheese dip to bring as well!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with tin foil.
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl sprinkle spice mixture and olive oil over the chicken and mix until chicken is well coated.
- Spread the chicken over the baking sheets and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take chicken out and turn the pieces over with a pair of tongs and return to oven to bake another 15-20 minutes.
- When the wings are finished cooking pour the hot sauce over the wings and toss lightly to coat the wings.
- Serve with skinny blue cheese dip
What’s your favorite snack to bring to parties??