You know I love working out at home and it’s so easy to find things around the house that you can use as home gym equipment. Towel workouts and chair workouts are some of the best workouts you can do at home without a lit of equipment. This workout will be one of your new favorite workouts to do at home.
And if you don’t have hardwood floor, you can sub out the dish towels and use paper plates!
Total Body Towel Workout
Complete this workout as a circuit moving from one exercise to the next with no rest. Repeat this circuit 3 times through.
- Mountain Climbers – Start in a plank position with a towel under each foot. Keep your shoulders directly over your hands, and use your abs to slide your RIGHT knee in towards your chest. Slide your RIGHT leg back out straight while simultaneously pulling your LEFT knee in towards your chest. Keep alternating legs for 50 reps total.
- Hamstring Curls – Lay on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat with the towel under both feet. Lift your hips up off the ground to bring yourself in a bridge position. Keeping your hips lifted, slide your feet out away from you using your heels. To slide your legs back in use your hamstrings (the back of your legs) to pull the heels back into the bring position. Keeping in the bridge position for the entire exercise complete 20 reps.
- Side Squats – Stand with the towel under your RIGHT foot. Lower into a squat position keeping your abs pulled in and your back straight. Keep steady with your LEFT side, and use your RIGHT outer thighs to slide your RIGHT leg out straight to the side. Using the RIGHT inner thigh pull the leg back underneath you. Continue for 25 reps on the right side and repeat on the left.
- Pikes – Start in a plank position with the towel under both feet. Keeping your shoulders over your hands the entire time, use your abs to pull your feet in towards your hands, lifting your hips up into the air. Keeping your back straight and your abs engaged, slide your legs back out so that you are back in a plank position. Repeat for 15 reps.
- Side to Side Knee Tucks – Start in a plank position with the towel under both feet. Keeping your shoulders over your hands the entire time, use your abs to pull both knees in to the outside of your RIGHT shoulder. Slide the legs back out straight to the plank position and use your abs to pull both knees in to the outside of your LEFT shoulder. Continue alternating to each side for 20 reps on each side.
- Back Lunge – Stand with your RIGHT foot on the towel. Keeping your LEFT leg steady and your knee over your heel, slide your RIGHT leg straight back behind you into a lunge position by pushing through the ball of the foot. To come back into a standing position press your weight down into the LEFT heel and use your LEFT hamstring and RIGHT quadricep (front of the thigh) to pull the RIGHT leg back into standing. Complete 25 reps on the right side and then repeat on the left.
- Sliding Push Ups – Start in a plank position with the towel under your RIGHT hand and your hands directly under your shoulders. Lower down into a push up as you slide your RIGHT hand out to the side so that your hands are now wider than shoulder width apart. As you push back up into your plank, use your chest muscles to pull the RIGHT hand back in so that both hands are under the shoulders again. Do 10 reps on each side.
What’s your favorite way to workout in small spaces?