Did you notice that shirt?!
I don’t sweat I *Sparkle* 😉
You ladies know I travel — A LOT — so having a workout that I can do anywhere is key to staying healthy while traveling. So chair workouts are some of my favorites to do while traveling, or even on those days I don’t feel like getting to the gym. They’re also a great option for when you are at a park too — just find a park bench and get to it!
This full body chair workout is perfect to get a quick sweat (or sparkle!) just about anywhere. You can grab a chair at home, at work (just don’t let your coworkers see you…or DO, maybe you could be THEIR inspiration to get moving!), at a hotel, a park, or heck why not at the gym?
That’s all you need for this workout! So no excuses for not getting a workout in!
Perform these exercises in a circuit. Complete the number of reps for each exercise and then immediately move to the next exercise. Once you finish each exercise start over again and repeat the entire circuit for a total of 3 rounds.
- Step Ups – Start with your RIGHT foot positioned completely on the chair. Keeping the RIGHT foot glued to the chair the whole time step up, by pressing down into the heel of the RIGHT foot so that you activate your hamstrings (back of your legs) and booty to step up. At the top, lift the LEFT knee up in front of you and balance for a second. Lower the LEFT foot back down to the floor while still keeping the RIGHT foot on the chair. Complete 15 repetitions on the RIGHT leg and repeat with the LEFT leg.
- Tricep Dips – Start sitting on the edge of the chair with your hands on the edge of the chair and fingers pointing towards you. Press down into your hands to lift your hips off the chair. Hover just slightly in front of the chair and bend at the elbows to lower yourself down. Aim for a 90 degree bend at the elbows while keeping your chest lifted (meaning don’t let your shoulder round forward) and try to keep your hips and back as close to the chair as possible. Press into the hands and engage the triceps (back of the arm muscles) to press yourself back up and straighten your arms. Repeat for 15 repetitions.
- Split Squats – Start with your RIGHT foot on the floor and your toes on your LEFT foot on the chair behind you. Keeping all of the weight in you RIGHT heel, bend your knees so that you lower down into a lunge position keeping your LEFT toes on the chair. Pressing through your RIGHT heel, engage your RIGHT hamstrings and booty and push yourself back up to a standing position. Complete 20 reps on each leg.
- Push Ups – Start in a plank position with your hands on the edge of the chair and shoulder width apart. Keep your abs tight as you bend your elbows and lower yourself down. Make sure your elbows stay very close in by your sides. Using your triceps press yourself self back up by straightening your arms. Repeat for 15 reps.
- Inner Thigh Plank – Start on the floor in side plank on your knees and the chair close to your feet. Lift your top leg and place it on the chair. Brace your abs and tighten your core and lift your bottom knee off the floor and bring it just under the chair seat as if your feet were stacked in a normal side plank. Keeping your hips lifted and core tight, think of lifting from your bottom oblique (your side abs) as you lower your bottom leg so that it just hovers over the floor and use your inner thigh on that leg to bring it back up. Try not to let your torso move and keep your hips stacked. Complete 15 reps on each side.
- Knee Tucks – Start sitting on the edge of the chair holding each side of the chair. Use your abs to lift your legs up into a tucked position and keep your back away from the back of the chair. INHALE as you reach your legs out straight in front of you, and EXHALE as you use your lower abs to pull your knees back in towards your chest. Repeat for 15 reps.
What’s your favorite move to do on a chair??