With summer right around the corner it’s important to tighten up those arms and work on strong, toned arms! There’s no better summer accessory than sexy arms in you tanks, bikinis, and sundresses!
This workout will focus on your chest and your triceps. It’s important to work your chest muscles because no one wants their tank top straps or a tight fitting strapless to dig in and create an unflattering look. And those triceps are what almost every woman complains about. So with this workout, we will hit all those flabby spots and get everything sleek and sexy! 😉
Fight Flab Arm Routine
This workout will focus on your chest and your triceps, fighting all of those spots where flab likes to hang out. Repeat this circuit 3 times through for tight, toned arms!
- Chest Press – Start laying on your back with your HEAVIER set of weights in your hands and feet flat on the floor. Have your arms out to the sides and bent at 90 degrees. Press the weights up so that they are directly over your chest and your wrists are shoulder width apart. Bend at the elbows to bring the weights back down. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
- Chest Flys – Start laying on your back with your LIGHT/MEDIUM weights in your hands and you feet flat on the floor. Bring the weights up so that are over your chest, palms facing in, and bend your elbows very slightly bent in a rounded position. From your shoulder open your arms out to sides without changing the bend in your elbows. You should feel a slight stretch in your chest muscles. Using your chest muscles and moving from the shoulder joint, pull the weights back up over your chest. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
- Push Ups – Start in a plank position with hands on a bench or chair for beginners (shown), or hands on the floor for intermediate/advanced exercisers. Bend at the elbows to lower yourself down and then push back up. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
- Tricep Kickbacks – Start standing in a slight lunging position with your LEFT foot forward and your RIGHT foot back. Place your LEFT hand on your front thigh and hold your LIGHTER weight in your RIGHT hand. Lift the RIGHT elbow so that you upper arm is parallel to the floor. Only moving from the elbow to the weight, use the back of your RIGHT arm to straighten your arm and lift the weight back. Bend at the elbow to complete one repetition. Repeat, keeping the elbow lifted, for 20 repetitions.
- Tricep Extensions – Start laying on your back, holding your LIGHT set of weights, with your feet flat on the floor. Bring the weights in the air so that they are shoulder width apart and your palms are facing in. Keep from your elbow to your shoulder completely steady, as you bend at the elbow to bring the weights and forearms parallel to the ground. The weights should hover just over your forehead. Only moving from the elbow and using the back of the arm, straighten your arm back up. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
Now, get to the battle and fight that flab, ladies! Make those arms beautiful so that you feel confident and beautiful for those summer months!