HAPPY MOTIVATION MONDAY!! 🙂
We hope you had a fabulous weekend, filled with Mother’s Day get-togethers and celebrations. After a weekend of celebrating we have a BRAND NEW workout for you to help tone up those arms! Summer is just around the corner and you will want to flaunt some beautiful arms very soon!
This workout targets the biceps and back muscles specifically to help you define those arms and tighten everything up for summery tanks and tees. Get to it, and get Monday off to a great start! 😉
Beautiful Biceps & Back Workout
Pick up those dumbbells and complete this circuit workout 3 times through for beautifully sculpted biceps and back muscles.
- Narrow Rows – Start standing with your feet shoulder width apart, holding your HEAVY set of weights with palms facing in. Hinge over from your hips keeping your back completely straight and letting your arms hang down. Bend from your elbows and pull them up towards the ceiling to bring the weights up towards your armpits, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Straighten the arms and lower the weights back down keeping your back straight. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
- Renegade Rows – Start in a full plank position with your hands on the weights and palms facing in. Bracing from your core and pressing in your LEFT hand, pull your RIGHT elbow up so that you pull the weight up toward your armpit. Make sure you don’t let your hips wobble too much. Lower the weight back down to the floor and alternate to lift the LEFT elbow up. Repeat alternating for 20 repetitions TOTAL.
- Lunge & Curl – Start in a lunge position with your RIGHT foot forward and your LEFT foot back, knees bent at 90 degrees. Hold the lunge position as you complete 10 repetitions of bicep curls. Step feet together and switch so that you LEFT leg in forward and RIGHT leg is back. Complete 10 bicep curls for a total of 20 repetitions.
- Balance & Fly – Start standing with your feet together and holding your LIGHTER set of weights with palms facing in. Hinge from your hips, keeping your back straight, and lift your RIGHT leg back in the air (keep your toes on the floor for beginners). Squeeze your shoulder blades together and bring your arms straight out to the sides. Lower arms back down to complete one repetition. Repeat for 10 repetitions with the RIGHT leg lifted and then switch to complete 10 repetitions with the LEFT leg lifted.
- Front Scoop – Start standing with feet hip distance apart and holding your LIGHTER set of weights with palms facing front. With a small bend in the elbows, lift the weights up so that arms are parallel to the floor. Lower the arms back down to the hips. Complete 20 repetitions.
We hope you have a fabulous day and start the week off with a bang! Let us know when you complete this workout by tagging us @LiveFitGirls on Instagram and twitter!