They are so delicious, filling, and when made with Greek yogurt, they are full of protein! Each cup of non-fat Greek yogurt packs at least 20 grams of protein! That’s a win in my book! I love layering the yogurt with granola and fresh cut fruit for a satisfying treat for breakfast, a snack, or even as dessert!
I personally LOVE to make my own granola so that I can control exactly how it tastes. I don’t like my granola too sweet, and I LOVE lots of cinnamon — so you bet I pour that cinnamon on there heavy!
The best part about this recipe is that you can totally make it your own! Feel free to tweak this recipe to make it perfect for you! Try adding some dried fruit like raisins or cranberries, or different nuts — you could even try adding some dried coconut! <– That’s one of my favorite additions! 😉
This is an easy recipe that you can make prep on the weekend and will last you all week! It’s a great way to have your complex carbs and make sure you aren’t having any processed sugars! Most store bought granola is LOADED with sugar, so always keep that in mind!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a glass baking dish and toast them in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats are toasting, combine the wet ingredients.
- After the oats are toasted (they should be very aromatic), drizzle the honey mixture over the oats. Stir until well combined.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper form a single layer of the oat mixture.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and turn the over OFF. this will allow the granola to finish toasting without burning. Let it sit in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
What do you love adding granola to for an extra crunch?