As the weather gets hotter it is becoming harder and harder to eat warm foods. We find ourselves craving anything cool and refreshing. This Summer Gazpacho is just the ticket!
Not only does this chilled summer soup cool you down but the cucumbers give a fresh taste that cannot be beat in this summer heat! 😉 HA!
This soup is SO simple and only takes a few minutes to whip up. We even think adding some pre-cooked shrimp would be a great way to add some protein and make this a well-rounded meal. Or keep it vegetarian and pair it with a salad topped with grilled chicken. Which ever you choose, enjoy a Gazpacho that’s as bright as summer.
- 1 Cucumber, halved and seeded
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 small Red Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Tomato Juice (low sodium, if possible)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Roughly chop all vegetables
- Place each vegetable in your food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, be sure not to over chop.
- Combine chopped vegetables in a large bowl, add garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and tomato juice. Stir until combined.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours or over night to let the flavors develop.
Share this on Twitter so that your friends can enjoy this brilliant Summer Soup or bring it to your next outdoor get together! Pin it on your Recipe Board on Pinterest to save for later! And don’t forget to let us know how you liked this soup in the comments.