Happy Monday! Are you ready for a killer Resistance Band Booty Workout?!
We hope you had a fantastic weekend and were able to enjoy the beginning of a summer full of sunshine and warm weather!
In honor of the first day of summer on Saturday, we had a little get together with our men and had a nice cookout on my rooftop. We made come Chicken Kebobs, Grilled Shrimp, had some healthy sides and washed it down with some Strawberry Lemonade.
Before we got to the cooking however, we started our day off some #WakeUpWorkouts Cardio and this booty workout…that way we could sip a few cocktails as well and not feel too guilty! 😉
You’ll love the workout..we did! It will tone up your entire backside. As you know we LOVE resistance bands, so this workout tones everything with only that. (You can find a resistance band set on Amazon HERE)! Now get to it and work dat booty! 😛
Complete this workout as a circuit, moving from one exercise to the next without rest. Repeat this circuit 3 times through.
- Squats – Start standing with your feet wider than shoulder width apart, and holding the handles at your shoulders. Bend the knees and lower down into a squat position as if you were sitting back into a chair. Keeping the weight in the heels press yourself back up to standing. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
- Kick Backs – Starting on hands and knees and holding the band just under the handles, place the band across the arch of your foot. Press out leading with your heel and using your glutes and hamstrings to straighten the leg. With control, bend the knee back in towards your chest. Repeat for 20 repetitions on each leg.
- Lunges – Start standing with the band under your RIGHT foot (it may need to be wrapped around your foot to hold tension) and holding the handles by your shoulders. Step your LEFT foot back to a lunge position. Bend both knees to 90 degrees lowering into a lunge. Straighten the legs and repeat for 20 repetitions on each leg.
- Leg Extensions – Start laying on your back and hold the handles reaching over head. Place the band across the RIGHT arch of your foots and bend the knee to 90 degrees, with your knee right over your hip. Using the back of the leg press through the heel and straighten the leg so that it’s reaching at a 45 degree angle off the floor. Bend the knee back on to 90 degrees and repeat for 20 repetitions on each leg.
- Good Mornings – Start with the band draped over your neck and the handles under the arches of your feet (BE CAREFUL, place a LOT of pressure on the band so that it doesn’t snap up at you). With your hands on your hips, hinge from your hips and keep your back super straight. Come back up to standing by using the backs of the legs to bring you up. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
- Cross Overs – Start laying on your back with the band wrapped around your RIGHT foot. Hold both handles in your RIGHT hand stretched out to the side. Cross your leg over to the LEFT side of your body using your inner thighs. With control bring the leg back over to the right. Repeat for 20 repetitions on each leg.