Nothings is better in the summer than spending time with friends outside and cooking up fresh food! We had a rooftop cookout with our men a few days ago and definitely had more food than we needed!
A beautiful view, delicious food, perfectly blended cocktails and drinks, and a night with best friends, life doesn’t get much better!
As far as our menu goes we had a array of healthy and tasty foods as well as low calorie drinks like delicious Strawberry Lemonade. But in case you didn’t know, I am a pescetarian (and no it’s not a religion, it means I only eat fish, no beef, chicken, or pork). So, while Meg and the boys chowed down on some Chicken Kebobs, I made myself these beautiful grilled shrimp skewers.
This recipe is so easy and only takes about 5 minutes to get everything together and let marinate. If you get pre-peeled and deveined shrimp it is even faster!
This recipe is so simple and can go with just about anything. I use this recipe for many different meals. I top it on salads, wrap it with some veggies in an Ezekiel Tortilla, and even make a killer Shrimp Scampi recipe with this marinade. The possibilities are truly endless!
- 1 pound Shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Black Pepper
- pinch Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl and allow to marinate for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to a high heat.
- Cook shrimp on high for 2-3 minutes per side until they are pink and opaque.