Nothing sings Summertime ☀ like an ice cold lemonade! We have always loved cooling down with a tall glass of lemonade after spending the day out in the sun.
Lemons are the perfect detox food for the body. They help alkalize the pH of your body, which is important for helping you sleep better, proper digestion, preventing you from getting sick, not to mention gives you an abundance of energy.
Our version of fresh Summertime Lemonade gives all of the health benefits of lemons without all the downsides of the added sugar. We add a small amount of local Honey and some Stevia drops for natural sweetness, and make a homemade strawberry syrup for a delicious drink that is perfectly sweet for the summer heat! 😉
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries (quartered or halved)
- 2 tablespoons Local Honey
- 1 cup Water
- Juice from 6 Lemons - about 1 cup
- 5 cups cold Water
- 30-50 drops Stevia (to taste)
- In a small saucepan add strawberries, honey, and one cup water.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occassionally to form a syrup.
- The mixture will be done when the strawberries become slightly mushy.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, 5 cups cold water, and the stevia drops to taste (start with less drops and add more if needed).
- Once the Strawberries Syrup is cooled, add into the lemonade and let sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Serve over ice and garnish with fresh strawberries.