Welcome to the weekend, Live Fit Babes! 😉
We hope you had a fantastic week during the second week of the #Lean4Halloween Challenge! On the Weekly Schedule your challenge today is your second 5k run, followed by this BRAND NEW abs workout. This workout is ALL ABS!
Wait until you feel the burn on this one! We think it’ll be one of your new favorite workouts!!
All about the…ABS Workout
It’s all about those abs, girl!! Grab a mat or find a nice soft spot on the grass and get ready to WORK those abs! Repeat this circuit 2-3 times depending on your level!
- In & Out Sit Ups – Lay on your back and bring those arms over head. Use your abs and with control (no hoisting yourself up!), lift your arms and your legs up at the same time to reach your fingers to your toes. Slowly roll back down and then come back up again, this time lifting your legs out wide and reaching your hands through your inner thighs. Lower back down and this completes ONE repetition. Complete 10 repetitions total.
- Twisting Toe Taps – Stay on your back, with your RIGHT arm over head, and LEFT arm out to the side. Use your obliques to lift your LEFT leg in the air as you twist your RIGHT arm up to reach to your toes. Keep the opposite hand and leg down. Lower down slowly. Repeat for 10 repetitions before switching to the other side.
- Roll Ups – Lay back and reach both arms back behind you. Keeping your feet glued to the ground this time, roll your upper body off the mat, nice and slow! Roll all the way up to your toes, then SLOWLY roll back down. Slow and steady wins the ABS! 😉
- Corkscrews – This time, keep your upper body on the ground and bring your legs in the air straight above. For advanced, keep your hands behind your head (like Meg), and for intermediate and beginner, bring your arms on the mat down by your side (not shown). You’re going to draw circles in the air with your feet. Squeeze your legs together and start drawing a circle to the RIGHT, when you finish, go back to the LEFT to complete ONE repetition. Repeat for 10 reps.
- Side Crunch – Turn on to your RIGHT side, with both arms extended over head. Lift your top leg up and use your obliques to bring your top elbow to meet your knee in the center. Don’t forget to squeeze those obliques! Do 10 reps, then switch to the other side!
Find your FREE printable download HERE! Right click, and “Save as…”
No get to it, girl!! Time to work those abs! Finish Week 2 of the challenge strong! Don’t forget to invite your girlfriends to join you on your 5k run and to do you abs workout, too! It’s always more fun together!