Happy HIIT It Friday!!
This workout is DOUBLE DUTY!! It will get your heart rate up as a cardio workout AND will work your entire body with strength moves between stair sprints!
Who doesn’t like a little two-for-one action? Am I right?! 😉
HIIT the Stairs Workout
Find a set of stairs and get to WORK!! Repeat this circuit 2-3 times, depending on your fitness level, for a full body workout!
- Stair Runs – Run up and down the stairs as fast as you can for 1 MINUTE.
- Stair Squats – Bring your RIGHT foot onto the first or second step, keep your weight in your LEFT leg and lower into a squat as deep as you can. Press through your front heel to come back up. Repeat for 15 repetitions, then switch sides.
- Upside Down Push Ups – Bring your feet onto the first or second (or third!) step, and make sure your shoulders are directly over your hands. Lower down into a push up and press back up. To modify this, do a push up with your feet on the ground or even on your knees.
- Double Stair Runs – Run up the stairs as fast as your can while skipping every other step, then come back down, repeating for 1 MINUTE.
- Split Squats – Standing on your RIGHT leg, step your LEFT foot back to the first or second step. Keep all of the weight in your standing leg, and lower into a lunge position. Pressing through your front heel, straighten the front leg. Complete 15 on this side and then switch.
- Tricep Dips – Sit your bum on the second step up (or on a nearby rock or bench like I did) and place your hands so that your fingers are facing towards you. Scoot your hips off the edge of the step and bend at the elbows to lower into a tricep dip. Press back up through the base of the palms and squeeze the backs of your arms. Dip down again, and repeat for 15 reps.
- Stair Jumps – With both legs, lower into a squat and JUMP up TWO steps at a time, all the way to the top of the stairs, then jog back down, a continue for 1 minute. To modify, just jump up one step at a time.
- Alternating Toe Taps – Lay on a mat or find a soft grassy spot and lay all the way back with your RIGHT arm extended overhead, LEFT hand behind your head, and both legs straight. Use your abs to crunch up and lift your RIGHT hand up to meet your LEFT foot. Complete 15 repetitions on this side, then switch.
Find your PRINTABLE version HERE! (Right click and “Save as…”)
Now, go HIIT IT before the weekend! You’ll feel so much better knowing you went into the weekend with a FANTASTIC workout completed this morning! Make sure to check in after your workout and use #LiveFitGirls to support other fit girls!