Fall is the perfect time to get outside and get a great workout in. The weather is cooler and the scenery is breathtaking with all the fall foliage!
This swing workout is perfect for after your #WakeUpWorkouts cardio or when you just need to get outside. (For another great outdoor workout check out our Beach Body Bench Workout too!) It’s especially great for moms who have toddlers or kids and need a workout they can do while watching the kids!
The only thing you need for this workout is a swing and some motivation! This workout will work your entire body legs, booty, arms and abs! Grab some water and get ready to feel like a kid again!
Sliming Swing Set Workout
Get ready for some FUN! Feel like a kid again with this swing set workout. Head to your local park and grab a seat! Complete this circuit 3 times through!
- Swing Squat Hops – Stand behind your swing and grab the chains. Lean back slightly so that you can get REALLY low into a squat. Power through your heels and jump up, making sure to keep some tension on the chains. Repeat with 20 jumps as fast as you can!
- Hanging Upside-Down Push Ups – Turn around facing away from your swing and lower down to a plank. Carefully, lift one foot onto the swing at a time, be sure to keep the swing steady and keep shoulders over your hands. Lower down for 15 push ups. (For a modified version, do push ups on the ground or on your knees.)
- Suspended V-Sits – Have a seat! Hold onto the chains and lift those legs up, squeezing your inner thighs together. Lean slightly back to engage those abs. Focusing on your lower abs, pull your knees into your chest. Make sure to keep your abs tight the whole time and your back straight. Complete 20 of them!
- Swinging Split Squats – A Live Fit Girls Favorite! 😉 Face away from the swing and about 2 feet away. Reach one foot back and place it on the seat. Keeping your weight in your front foot, lower down into a lunge position, making sure to keep your knee over your heel. Use the back of the leg and the BOOTY to straighten back up. Repeat for 15 repetitions and then switch sides.
- Hanging Body Weight Rows – Turn around and face the swing, holding onto the chains. Plant your feet down and lift your toes to lean back. Make sure to keep a plank position and your core engaged. Use your biceps and back muscles to bring your torso up to the swing. Remember to squeeze your shoulders together and do 15 repetitions.
- Double Knee Tucks – Back down to the ground. Come back to your plank position with your feet on the seat. Keeping your shoulders over hands, use your lower abs to pull your knees and the swing towards your. Straighten back to a plank and make sure not to let your hips drop. Repeat 15 times.
Find your PRINTABLE version HERE! (Right click and “Save as…”)
We hope you have fun with this workout and check-in with us when you finish with @LiveFitGirls on Instagram or Twitter! Don’t forget to tell a girlfriend or fellow mama about this FUN swing set workout!
P.S. Hope you enjoyed the cameo of my pups in the background!! 😉