These cold nights call for a tasty and warming treat! Warm up with some Skinny Peppermint Hot Cocoa!
Hot cocoa has always been one of my favorite treats during the winter! I especially love anything peppermint as the holidays approach!
For years I have been making my own Hot Cocoa by using raw cacao powder and organic sugar. Who needs those instant cocoa packs with extra additives and all that? Healthy, tasty hot cocoa is ready in just minutes and when using raw cacao you have all the health benefits and none of the chemicals!
Reasons to ♡ Cacao!
♥ The high level of antioxidants help lower blood pressure & improve circulation, promoting cardiovascular health.
♥ Raw cacao powder contains nearly twice the antioxidants of red wine, and up to three times more than green tea. Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals that can cause cancer and cardiovascular disease.
♥ With lots of fiber, raw cacao can improve and support digestion, as well as decrease appetite.
♥ Raw cacao is a “happy food”! Cacao contains serotonins and mood enhancing phytochemicals that improve mental and physical health and help stimulate the brain while decreasing depression.
- 8 ounce milk - low fat, almond, or coconut
- 2 heaping tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Heat milk in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, or heat over a medium-low heat on the stove.
- Stir in cacao powder, sugar, and peppermint extract.