Who doesn’t want to work their abs more? Considering my most popular posts are my Ab Workouts, I think it’s safe to say that EVERYONE wants a better core.
Well I have a treat for you! My #SweatPink sisters and the team over at ActivMotion Bar reached out and offered a chance to review a fairly new piece of exercise equipment and I *Lunged* at the opportunity (get it? 😉 )
So, before I got my new piece of equipment I wasn’t quite sure how it was different from any other type of fitness bar out there…but, after I received my ActivMotion Bar, I immediately felt and HEARD the difference!
What It Is – This bar is actually hallow inside and has weighted steal balls that roll from side to side making the bar unstable and forcing your body to react to that instability. It comes in different weights from 6 pounds to 18 pounds (and they just released a new smaller version of the bar the other day!) There are two marker lines on the bar that are EXTREMELY helpful when using the bar to keep you balanced.
I was also sent 5 different DVDs, including the Foundation Builder and a Total Body Toning routine. These where helpful in learning different exercises that are exclusive to the ActivMotion Bar.
How It’s Different – By having a constant change in gravity it REALLY works your balance and core. It’s much more effective than a regular fitness bar because it forces the target muscle group to work…meaning there’s no cheating! HA!
Here’s a quick video from the creator of the ActivMotion Bar explaining a little bit more about the product.
After working out with the ActivMotion Bar everyday for the last week there are definitely some GREAT advantages to the bar.
- Extremely Unique – I’ve never seen a piece of equipment like this before…and I’ve been in the fitness industry for 8 years!
- Forces you to use your ENTIRE body – Again, there is definitely NO CHEATING with this bar! You can feel and hear when you aren’t doing the exercise correctly. This is great MENTAL feedback for you brain to connect with your muscles.
- It Provides a KILLER cardio workout! – I thought I nearly would die trying to shoot my ActivMotion Bar Workout!
- Oh…and it works the shoulders! – My shoulders were TOAST the day after filming the workout. In my personal view (stolen from my Master Pilates Instructor…thanks Joy! 😉 ), the shoulder girdle is almost like it’s own little tiny core itself. With all the muscles, ligaments, and bones that create your shoulder, it’s important to have a strong “core” there as well!
The…not so good…
- The DVD quality wasn’t the greatest – for example the Training DVD is hard to navigate. The light up hover navigation when selecting an option didn’t always work, making it hard to go through the library of exercises.
- I wouldn’t Recommend it for Beginners – Or to those with injuries for that matter…some of the exercises (even with just the 6 pound bar) were pretty challenging and the momentum aspect I personally think can be dangerous. *If you are a newbie or have injuries I would start VERY slow with the less advanced foundation exercises and gradually work your way up.
As far as pros vs. cons, this piece of equipment is definitely on the UP side for me! Once you start working with the bar you can see what a beneficial tool it can be for your workouts and general body mechanics. It provides a new challenge and can change the whole dynamic of your regular exercise routine.
Make sure you also check out my new ActivMotion Bar Workout VIDEO and subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ActivMotion Bar through FitApproach. All opinions are 100% mine.