Today, I’m wrapping the week up with this Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip for a Tasty Tailgate Treat!
This year, these healthy Super Bowl Snack recipes won’t give you a food hangover post game day. Most are less than HALF the calories of their traditional recipes, by using healthier ingredients to keep things slim.
Using Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise and oils not only will save you loads of fat, but will also bump up the protein in your dishes. It’s one of my absolute favorite healthy ingredient swaps to turn a not-so-healthy dish into a Live Fit Girl Approved Meal in no time! AND you can’t ever tell the difference!
In this recipe, I also used frozen artichoke hearts as opposed to canned or jarred. This saves on sodium and ensures there are no unnecessary preservatives. Because they can be a little trickier to find (I got mine at Trader Joe’s btw…), canned or jarred won’t kill you… I promise! Just be sure to get them unmarinated!
To accompany this dip, I prepared some Homemade Pita Chips and BOOM! In less than 30 minutes you have a healthy and delicious dip for the game!
- 8 ounces Neufchatêl
- 16 ounce non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 ounce frozen artichoke hearts (or 14 ounce canned)
- 10 ounce frozen spinach, drained & squeezed dry
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- If you are using frozen artichoke hearts, cook in microwave according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain in a colander and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Combine neufchatêl, Greek yogurt, and parmesan cheese in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Cook uncovered, string frequently, for 10-15 minutes until melted. It should just start to bubble.
- Stir in chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, chilies, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Allow to cook 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
Now, you have a whole bunch of new recipes to try for the game…What will you be making?