Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. I eat the most carbs at breakfast…and carbs make me happy! 🙂 As you know, my most favorite breakfast is my Ezekiel French Toast, but when I want something a little more savory, I grabTHIS!
This Breakfast Bowl is seriously a Breakfast Powerhouse! With protein rich quinoa and eggs staring in this dish, you will feel satisfied all morning long. The quinoa will also provide some complex carbs to give you energy to bust through your morning and be productive!
This bowl of goodness is also PERFECT after a #WakeUpWorkout to recover after some intense cardio and HIIT! The protein will help repair your muscles after your workout, and the carbs in the quinoa will help replenish the glycogen stores in your body, helping you become a fat burning machine!
I love preparing parts of this meal ahead of time so that I can have a quick grand-and-go breakfast in the morning. I will cook the quinoa (or use some leftovers!) and sauté the kale and tomatoes the night before. Then, I can just heat it up in the microwave the next morning as I cook up an egg, and BOOM! Breakfast is served!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 kale leaves, stems removed & roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Spoon 1/2 cup quinoa into serving bowls and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-low to medium heat. Sauté kale, tomatoes, and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or until kale has wilted. Remove kale and tomatoes from heat and divide into serving bowls on top of quinoa.
- Add remaining olive oil and crack the eggs into the pan. Cover pan and cook until the yolks are at the desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes. (I like mine over-medium).
- Top quinoa bowls with an egg each and enjoy.
- *Tip: I like preparing the quinoa, kale and tomatoes the night before, so that I can just warm it up for a minute or two in the microwave while I cook my egg. It works great for quick mornings!
What’s your favorite Powerhouse Breakfast Bowl?