It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a seafood recipe! If you didn’t know, I was a pescetarian for the last 10 years, and last fall I started eating poultry and red meat again. Since then, I have been experimenting with all sorts of chicken recipes and haven’t shared any seafood recipes since last summer!
So, I figured I’d finally share one of my favorite salmon recipes. Salmon is my absolute favorite fish. Not only is if full of lean protein but salmon has some of the highest levels of omega-3s out of any fish in the sea! Omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats that can give you beautiful skin, nails, and hair.
During my weekly meal prep I usually prepare a pound or so of this salmon each week. For a healthy lunch I’ll pair it with some brown rice and green veggies or for a low-carb dinner I will top it over a salad with some homemade dressing.
- 4 - 6 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking dish with tin foil.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and place skin side down in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle salmon with dried herbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.