It’s that time of year again where McDonald’s serves up an all time favorite…The Shamrock Shake. Did you know that a small 12 oz shamrock shake has over 530 calories, 85 grams of carbs, and 73 grams of sugar?! That just crazy!!
Not to mention there are over 40 ingredients that go into making just ONE drink…don’t you think that it a little excessive?
Most of those ingredients include High Fructose Corn Syrup and artificial flavors….yeah, no thanks!
This Skinny Shamrock Shake is not only made from six all natural ingredients, it’s filling and high in protein! And the best part? It only takes a minute to whip up! That’s a whole lot faster than going through the drive-thru!! 😉
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1 cup kale
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place coconut milk and kale in the blender first, and blend to liquify.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
What’s your favorite treat on St. Patty’s Day?