Like I said, I guess I’m kind of on a breakfast kick lately, but I really wanted to share one of my favorite quick and easy breakfast recipes with you!
I have been making these Egg & Avocado Breakfast Pizzas for about 2 years. Its a fun way to play up your breakfast…and everything is always better with avocado…especially eggs!
I guess these are technically like huevos rancheros sort of recipe, but I think “breakfast pizza” is funner – yes…funner. The best part is when you slice it and have the runny yolks pouring all over your pizza…yummmm!!!
These are super easy and really great for busy mornings. They seem like they take a lot more time than actually necessary = score! All you do is cook an egg or 2 sunny side up (or however you want, actually), and which your egg is cooking heat up your Ezekiel tortilla, spread it with a generous amount of mashed avocado, and sprinkle on some cooked bacon and tomatoes. Easy as…pizza! 😉
You can even microwave your bacon for a super quick way to cook it. Oh, and by the way you can use regular center cut, reduced sodium bacon, or turkey bacon for this. The recipe can be adapted to whatever you’d like! Get as creative as you get with regular pizza!
- 1 Ezekiel tortilla (small or large)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 slice nitrate free center cut, reduced-sodium bacon OR turkey bacon
- 3 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Place your tortilla in the oven as it preheats to warm the tortilla.
- Pour olive oil in a nonstick, oven-safe skillet and carefully crack eggs in the cold skillet, making sure not to break the yolks. Turn the stovetop onto a low heat and cook the eggs until they start to turn white. Once almost completely white, place the skillet in the oven to allow them to fully set, about 3-4 minutes.
- As the egg is cooking, place one piece of bacon on a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute, or until desired doneness. Cut or crumble the bacon into small pieces once cooked.
- Remove the tortilla from the oven once it begins to crisp and spread it with mashed avocado.
- Once the eggs have reached the desired doneness, remove the skillet from the oven and gently remove the eggs from the skillet onto the mashed avocado.
- Place the skillet back on the stove, turn the heat to medium-high and sauté the tomatoes for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and tomatoes on top of the egg, season with salt & pepper to taste, and enjoy!
What would you add to your breakfast pizza?!