This is probably the most simple and delicious recipe ever!
With the warm weather approaching we have been doing a lot more grilling. One of my go-to summer meals is grilled fish! As you may know I was a pescetarian for 10 years, so needless to say I have perfected cooking fish, and one of my favorite ways to grill fish is in a simple foil packet that includes all the fixin’s!
These little packets have all the good right in side! They are so simple and cook all your protein and veggies at the same time! They really are almost effortless. And when you have a big cookout you can prep ahead of time and through a whole bunch on the grill for the whole gang!
There are SO many reasons to love foil packets for grilling and baking!
Endless possibilities – You can literally throw anything into these foil packets and have a tasty meal in no time. The flavors of all the ingredients blend together to create and perfectly well rounded meal. Just thrown in seasonal veggies and fish and you have a gourmet meal in minutes!
Low Fat and Packed with flavor – These little packets basically steam your food, so there’s no need for added fat AND the packets seal in all the flavor! YUM!
Easiest clean up ever – Absolutely no dishes = BIG win!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 2 - 6 ounce white fish fillets (I used tilapia)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 slices of lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- black pepper
- aluminum foil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, oven to 400 degrees.
- Tear two aluminum foil pieces about 16 inches long. Lay foil flat on a counter or baking sheet and lightly brush or spray with olive oil.
- Place half of the asparagus in the center of each piece of foil and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the asparagus and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Top each fillet with 2 slices of lemon and arrange tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle capers over the fillets, drizzle with white wine, and top everything with the thyme.
- Fold the long ends of the foil up to meet over the fillet. Fold the ends down to one side, folding 3 times to fully secure. Pinch the open ends of the foil closed and fold up and over 2 times. Make sure there are no holes in the foil because you want to steam everything inside.
- Place on the grill for 12-15 minutes (a little longer for thicker fish, like halibut), or bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil packet from grill or oven and open each side the packet, allowing steam to escape. Open packet completely and transfer everything to a plate and serve.
What’s your favorite warm weather recipe?