If you’ve been reading The Live Fit Girls for any length of time you’ve probably heard a few time by now about my love of almond butter. I pretty much use almond butter in everything, Flourless Cookies, Flourless Brownies, and Freezer Fudge, to name a few.
So, naturally, this flourless mug cake uses almond butter as a base to make a gluten-free and grain-free dessert, that taste absolutely delicious.
Sometimes you just crave a chocolatey treat, but you don’t want to make an entire dessert recipe. Because if you’re like me, having a whole bunch of treats in the house is just a bad idea. #NoWillPower…So making single servings of tasty treats is my way of taming my sweet tooth.
This chocolate cake is soooo gooey inside! The trick is to make sure you don’t totally cook it in the microwave, and to make sure some of the batter still looks a bit wet when you take it out, otherwise part of the cake will be too dry.
This recipe is literally so easy, you will have a new favorite “go-to” treat, I promise!
All you do is dump all of your ingredients in a big mug,,,and violà!
I used homemade almond butter, but store bought works just as well. Add in a egg, a drizzle of honey and vanilla extract, and a spoonful of almond milk. I also used Blue Diamond Hint of Honey Vanilla Almond Milk for this recipe. (I must say, I think this is my favorite product Blue Diamond makes! I LOVE it in my cereal!! SO GOOD!) Then add in your cacao powder and baking powder. Mix it all up, pop in the microwave, *happy dance for a minute*, and enjoy! 😉
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon Blue Diamond Hint of Honey Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (add another 1/2 tablespoon if you need more sweetness)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Add the wet ingredients into you mug and mix together until smooth. Add in dry ingredients and mix to create a batter the consistency of brownie batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, parts of the cake should still be a little moist.
- Allow to cool for another minute and enjoy!
What’s your favorite single serve dessert?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk. All opinions are 100% mine. Thanks for supporting The Live Fit Girls!