With Memorial Day this weekend, I know you have plans for some fun in the sun! ☀︎ Whether it’s a cookout with friends, relaxing on the beach, or hitting up a few parties, I’m sure you will be out enjoying the sunshine.
And no holiday is complete without some burgers!
These turkey burgers are to die for!! They are the perfect base for literally ANY kind of burger you want!
Only want cheese? No problem. Want to get a little creative? Top it with some grilled pineapple and maybe a slice of bacon! Or if you’re Mexican obsessed like me…top it with some guac and salsa!
Whether you’re a Plain Jane or you want a fully-loaded burger, THIS is the burger for you!
I used 94% fat-free ground turkey and spices and that’s it. As always, I used one of my favorite ingredient swaps for the regular buns, and used some Ezekiel buns to lower the glycemic index. I also used Provolone as a healthier cheese than regular ‘Merican cheese (which by the way if ever look at the ingredients..it’s not even really cheese…yuck!), and obviously topped my with guac, salsa, lettuce, and tomatoes. But feel free to get creative!
These turkey burgers would be absolutely PERFECT with some crispy Sweet Potato Fries…and I’m so upset because when I made these burgers and took photos, I totally forgot to make them…then two minutes later…*facepalm*
But anyway, I can’t wait to experiment with different toppings all summer! Let me know in the comments below your favorite toppings so I can have some inspiration!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 Ezekiel Buns
- any toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, gently mix burger ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to play with the meat too much or your burgers will be tough.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal sizes and gently form into patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or preheat a nonstick skillet over a medium heat on the stove.
- Lightly spray the grill or skillet with olive oil, and then cook the patties for 4-6 minutes per side, or until the center is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Assemble your burgers, and enjoy.
What do you like to top your burgers with?