If you’re looking for the perfect light and refreshing meal for summer this is it! Whip up these Mango Shrimp Summer Rolls for a simple and satisfying lunch, or as a perfect appetizer to enjoy with your girlfriends.
This recipe will delight your tastebuds with crisp veggies and fresh flavors. The mango adds just the perfect amount of sweetness to leave you feeling energized on a hot summer day!
This was my first time making summer rolls and I’ll admit, I was nervous at first because I have never used spring roll skins before, but these are SO EASY! I am positive these will be a summertime staple for me this year! 😉
I used precooked and peeled shrimp to make things even easier. I sliced up some fresh, vibrant mango (I LOVE mango season! 🙂 ) and some crispy carrots, cucumbers, and red cabbage. Place everything in a wet rice paper skin and roll it up into the perfect bite of summer, in only 5 minutes!
I served these with some sweet chili sauce I picked up at Trader Joe’s. It was the perfect little dash of heat to add to this mouth-watering meal!
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 24 cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 8 spring roll skins
- Cut the avocado, mango, cucumber, and carrots thin lengthwise.If needed cut each strip in half to make sure they are no longer than 3 inches.
- With all your ingredients nearby, dip one spring roll skin into warm water for 3 seconds and remove to a large cutting board.
- Layer the ingredients in the lower middle of the spring roll skin starting with the shrimp first.
- Starting from the bottom, fold the skin over the filling, then fold in the sides, and carefully & tightly roll it away from you.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and enjoy!
- If you don't eat them right away cover with plastic wrap until you are ready to eat.
Do you have a favorite summertime meal?