If you’re looking for the perfect summer salad, THIS is it! This Summer Berry Kale Salad includes perfectly ripe summer berries AND sweet mangoes for a mouthwatering salad that will refresh your taste buds!
If you saw my Shrimp Mango Summer Rolls last week, you’ll know that I LOVE mango season! And with mangoes on sale at Whole Foods this week, I had to pick up some more for another summer dish for you!
Summer is my all time favorite time of year because I literally am a fruit addict…and because I eat very seasonally, I get very sad during the winter months without all my fruit options. (Luckily, I have found some great winter produce to hold me over…)
I adapted this recipe from my friend Les, over at The Balanced Berry. I took out the peaches because, well, they aren’t exactly ripe yet in my neck of the woods (Minnesota…), but I did add one of my all time favorite ingredients…shredded coconut!
If you haven’t tried coconut on your salads yet, let me tell you…DO IT! Coconut adds such a different taste to salads and is the perfect addition to seasonal summer salads.
This salad is so simple and only takes a few minutes to throw together. The secret to perfect kale salads is to shred the kale and massage it for a few minutes to tenderize it and allow the dressing to soak in. Then dice up a few berries and toss it all together. BANG, a beautiful, tropical salad for a sunny summer day! ☀
- 1 bunch of kale, shredded
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded kale and drizzle with the prepared dressing. Using your hands, gently massage the kale for a minute or two and then set aside for few minutes.
- As the kale is marinating, dice up your berries.
- Before serving, add berries, almonds, and shredded coconut and gently toss to combine. Enjoy! 🙂
What’s your favorite summer fruit?