Want to save money and eat clean? I’ve created the ULTIMATE list of Healthy Foods at Costco to help you!
Nik and I have been members for a while and we do a lot of our regular shipping there. We go about every other week and stock up on essentials.
I still shake my head every time we go, I always see so many people coming out with boxes and boxes of processed junk food…It honestly makes me sad. Because Costco is the PERFECT place to load up on tons of HEALTHY food too.
When Nik and I head to Costco we really don’t leave with a MASSIVE overflowing cart like most people do. We just get a few of our staple foods and head out. It’s like a regular trip to the grocery store.
That’s because we load up on REAL FOOD…and that means that most of that food is perishable and won’t stay good for very long. Just as in the regular grocery store, we shop around the perimeter of the store, we buy our produce, our protein and dairy, and our basic grains and canned goods. We never buy bags of chips or cookies, or all the processed foods. (Okay, maybe Nik gets some snacks ever once in a while…lol!)
The funny thing is the other day (while I was still writing this post), I saw this article, that talks about how Costco is now the leading retailer in the country for organic foods! And what’s more, they are ever adapting to add more and more organic foods as consumers demand healthier foods. So lets keep pushing people, this is great news!
Click here for your FREE printable Clean Eating COSTCO Shopping List!
* Keep in mind some of the items are seasonal and vary by location, especially some of the produce. Most of the canned and dried goods are easy to find year round at all locations. Prices may also vary by location.
Healthy Costco Produce
- Kirkland Organic Romaine Lettuce (6 heads) – $4.45
- Kirkland Organic Spring Mix (1 lb) – $4.35
- Kirkland Organic Spinach (1 lb) – $4.35
- Organic Blueberries (24 oz) – $6.99
- Organic Raspberries (12 oz) – $5.49
- Organic Strawberries (4 lbs) – $5.95
- Organic Blackberries (1 lb) – $6.95
- Earthbound Farm Organic Carrots/Baby Carrots (10 lbs) – $6.49
- Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets (36 oz) – $7.69
- Lemons (5lbs) – $6
- Spaghetti squash (6lbs) – $6.5
- Organic Honey Crisp Apples (5.5lbs) – $16
- Organic Gala Apples (5.5lbs) – $6.5
- Medjool Dates 2lbs – $8.99
Healthy Costco Protein & Dairy
- Coleman Organic Chicken – $6/lb (comes in a 3pack about 1 lb each)
- Kirkland Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef (4lbs) – $19.99 (comes in 3- 1.33 lb packs, great for freezing!)
- Grass-Fed Bison (2.5 lbs) – $18.99 (come is 2 – 1.25lb packs, great for freezing!)
- Wild Caught Fish (Any) – varies
- Wild Caught Smoked Salmon – $16/lb
- Horizon Organic Milk (3 – 1/2 gallons) – $10.99
- Kerrygold Grass-Fed Butter (1.5 lb) – $7.49
- Fage Nonfat Greek Yogurt (48 oz) – $6.45 (that’s LESS than the standard 32 oz tub at most stores!)
- Organic Kirkland Eggs (2 dozen) – $6.49
Healthy in the Costco Frozen & Refrigerated Section
- Life is Good Ezekiel Bread (2 pack) – $6.99
- Organic Frozen Edamame (5 lbs) – $6.49
- Cascadian Farms Organic Frozen Mixed Berries (48 oz) – $10.89 (these are perfect for smoothies!)
- Sabra Hummus (32oz) – $5.95
- Organic Whole Petit Green Beans (5lb) – $6.69
- Organic by Nature Organic Frozen Vegetable Medley (5lbs) – $8.79 (perfect for Shepherd’s Pie!)
- POM Pomegranate Juice (60oz) – $8.95
- Pineapple Juice (64oz) – $9.95
Healthy Costco Dried & Canned Goods
- Mother Earth Organic Coffee (2 lbs) – $12.95
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts (28 oz) – $12.99 (You love I LOVE Manitoba Harvest!)
- Nature’s Intent Organic Chia Seeds (32 oz) – $9.99
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (6 – 32 oz cartons) – $9.99
- Kirkland Creamy Almond Butter (27 oz) – $10.99
- Kirkland Creamy Peanut Butter (2 – 40 oz) – $10.99
- Kirkland Raw Almonds (3 lbs) – $16.99 (this bag seriously only lasts me a month😳…#AlmondLover)
- Kirkland Walnuts (3lbs) – $18.99
- Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 L) – $15.99
- Avocado Oil (1 L) – $9.95
- Kirkland Organic Coconut Oil (2 – 42 oz tubs) $27
- Nature’s Truth Organic Brown Rice (12 lbs) – $11.95
- Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti Noodles (2 lb) – $8.99
- Tru Roots Organic Quinoa (4lbs) – $14.69
- S & W Organic Black Bean (8 – 15oz cans) – $6.59
- Kirkland Organic Raw Honey (44 oz) – $11.95
- Kirkland Organic Maple Syrup (1 L) – $11.39
- Mott’s Organic No Sugar Added Apple Sauce (36 single serve containers) – $11.79
- Wild Planet Wild Canned Tuna (5 pack) – $14.95
- Bear & Wolf Wild Canned Salmon Boneless & Skinless (6 – 6oz cans) – $12.99
- Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock (6 – 32 oz cartons) – $10.99
- Real Coco Organic Coconut Water (12 – 12oz bottles) – $14.99
More Tips for Healthy Costco Shopping
- Look for organic when possible and ALWAYS follow the Dirty Dozen Rule
- Load up on plenty of fresh produce
- ONLY purchase organic or grass-fed meats and wild-caught fish
- Look at labels before you buy to make sure there are no sneaky ingredients! If you can’t pronounce it – don’t buy it!
- The BEST time to do you Costco shopping is on a Friday night! They stock everything for the weekend rush and there is NO ONE there! That’s when Nik and I like going (we hate crowds!)
- Avoid the samples at all costs! They are usually all processed foods!
- Costco is also a great place to buy electronics, household goods, and other things – Of course we buy toilet paper and things like that there as well, and we actually just bought our new phones there! They have great deals on TVs and cameras, and I tried to convince Nik we needed kayaks and a tent earlier this summer! (No luck…😔)
- Costco also has a great selection of wine and alcohol. We buy a majority of our alcohol here because it’s INSANELY cheap…and great quality! And who doesn’t love a good skinny cocktail…in moderation of course!
- ONLY purchase what you will actually eat…you’ll never save any money if things go bad or you buy things you won’t ever eat.
Click here for your FREE printable Healthy Foods at COSTCO Shopping List!
What are your Costco Healthy Eating Essentials? Do I need to add any to the list? Let me know in the comments! 🙂