As I mentioned in my Summer Berry Kale Salad post, I LOVE berries! So for this recipe I wanted to get the last of the summer berries before they’re all gone.🍓
The topping is made from a mixture of rolled oats, some almonds, coconut sugar, and a drizzle of Skinny Caramel Sauce!
So first, I just need to talk about these rolled oat for a minute. A friend gave me a bag of home-gown AND home-rolled oats. She’s a native to Minnesota and grew up on a farm where her parents still live. She gave me a big bag of the most beautiful rolled oats I’ve ever seen!
She told me her dad rolls them with a special mill that connects to his bicycle…As he peddles, it powers the mill to roll the oats… SO COOL! (Not to mention, I am all about getting a two-for-one workout in! 😉 )
Anyway, this berry crisp is right up my alley. Like I said, I’m obsessed with summer berries, and also It’s just so simple! And you know how much I love easy (and delicious!) recipes.
You literally just have to quickly dice up some strawberries and dump the rest of the berries in a big ol’ bowl. Mix them up with coconut sugar, and a little arrowroot powder to thicken everything up, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Pour all that into a pie dish and top with your crisp!
The crisp topping is also incredibly easy to mix up. Just sift together some rolled oats with some oat flour (or you make some oat flour in a food processor), a little bit more coconut sugar, some Blue Diamond Sea Salt Caramel Almonds, and a skinny caramel sauce. (<— YUM!) Crumble the topping over your berry mixture and bake it all up.
This is the perfect dish to bring to a summer party or as a sweet and guilt-free dessert with the family.
It’s perfect topped with a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt or even some skinny ice cream! Or even drizzle a little bit more caramel sauce over this tasty treat.
I promise you will LOVE this summer time treat as much as I do, it’s mouthwatering!👅💦
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup hulled and diced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup black berries
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients until the berries are evenly coated with the coconut sugar.
- Pour the berries in a pie dish evenly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until it becomes crumbly and the caramel and coconut oil are evenly coating the oats and almonds.
- Sprinkle the topping over the berries and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy! 🙂
What’s your favorite summer treat?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are 100% mine. Thanks for supporting The Live Fit Girls!