This is a nice two-for-one day on The Live Fit Girls because not only are you getting this amazing Simple Skinny Caramel Recipe, but you are also getting a Skinny Caramel Latte Recipe!
As I mentioned in the latte post, I have been in love with a certain Caramel Latte for years and have worked diligently to recreate it.
The hardest part?
Making the caramel!!
Y’all caramel is HARD to make! With the stovetop method, I would constantly burn my sugar or add ingredients at the wrong time. And finally I found and mastered the MICROWAVE kind! 😁 I swear this is the easiest and most simple caramel recipe you will ever make! It comes out perfect EVERY time.
For this recipe I call it “skinny” because it uses my favorite healthier ingredient — coconut sugar! As I’ve mentioned before coconut sugar is better for you because it has a much lower Glycemic Index rating than regular sugar — helping to prevent insulin spikes that can lead to weight gain. It’s also filled with healthy nutrients and minerals like Iron, Calcium, Zinc, and Potassium. It’s packed with antioxidants and flavonoids that also keep you healthy.
I love adding this to my lattes for a early morning treat and I’ve also got a delectable dessert recipe coming up next week that also features it! ( <— Think fruit crisp!😋) It’s perfect for dessert toppings and would be AHHHH-mazing on my Skinny Triple Chocolate Ice Cream! Oh my gosh my mouth is watering just thinking about it!👅💦
So, this recipe literally takes 3 minutes to whip up. I promise you will NEVER get store bought caramel sauce ever again once you try this! You just place everything in a glass measuring cup and microwave in 30 second intervals for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until everything is melty and gooey and oh-so-good!
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place coconut sugar, half & half, honey, and butter into a large measuring glass.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the sugar has completely melted. (Be careful not to overcook it, because it will boil over.)
- Once the sugar is completely melted, remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow the sauce to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
What’s your favorite way to use caramel sauce?