You probably know by now my love of running. I have been running since I was 14, running Varsity Cross Country all through high school, and I continue to love running up to this day. But believe it or not, I have never tried a running watch.
My mom has had a few different running watches and she refuses to run without one…and I alwasy sort of laughed at her because, like me, she has extremely small hands and wrists, making the watch look MASSIVE on her wrist.
It wasn’t until I tried out the new Timex IRONMAN One GPS+ watch that I figured out why she loved them so much…they are AMAZING!
Since this is the first GPS watch I’ve ever tried, I feel spoiled with absolutely how awesome this watch really is…and I’ve completely gotten over how small my wrist looks wearing it! Haha!
Why I ♡ the Timex IRONMAN One GPS+
Convenient – Seriously thought…there’s not much that this watch doesn’t do. It’s small and allows you to run without a phone. (I for one, love that, because it can be really annoying with my running hip-pack shaking around on my run — not to mention the iPhone 6 is pretty massive!) Here are a few of the great features the ONE GPS+ has:
- Music – This bitty watch can hold up to 1,000 songs! I’m going to have to invest in some bluetooth headphones so that I can enjoy this feature because this is probably one of the coolest features this watch has.
- Track Your Workouts – You can track your workouts on Timex’s online portal, where you control your watch settings and add contacts and friends. You can also connect your watch to Strava which is sort on an online and mobile community of fitness fanatics! 😉
- Get your Stats in Real Time – Because I’m competitive, I always try to beat each previous mile when on my runs. This feature is great because you can just look down at your watch and get real-time pace, distance, and speed. It also vibrates every mile, which I really like!
- Send & Receive Messages – The watch can even send and receive text messages — so see, you really don’t need your phone on your run!
- Choose Your Workouts – You can also choose different workouts by clicking on the app screen, then the workout icon, and then choosing from a run, interval run, timed run, distance run or a walk or a hike.
- EXTRAS – It’s also a has a watch (obviously), 3 separate alarm clocks, a timer, and a stopwatch which are all great for training purposes. And come in handy for when training clients!
Safety Features – This is great for those that run alone, or if you get injured (let’s hope not!) . It has live tracking, so friends and family know exactly where you are when your running. You can even send out emergency calls if something bad does happen, and they’ll be able to find and help you quickly.
Readable – I was surprised at how much I love the screen on this watch. It’s very readable. It’s bright even without having to turn the backlight on (it get brighter in direct sunlight too, so you can always see it), which makings checking your pace during your runs really effortless. It’s also touch-screen which is really nice and makes it even more user-friendly.
Waterproof & Durable – I’m really excited about this feature as I have decided to train this winter for my FIRST TRIATHLON!! I haven’t decide when or where I want to do it — there’s a possibility we will be moving AGAIN early next year, and I want to make sure it’s close to where we live.
Timex IRONMAN One GPS+ Giveaway!!
Here’s the exciting part right ladies, Timex is offering one of YOU a Timex IRONMAN GPS ONE+!! Which is absolutely AMAZING as this watch retails at $399…what?! This is the biggest Live Fit Girls Giveaway yet!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The winner will be announced Monday, September 21st. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize before another winner is drawn. This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Timex.