I’m so, so, so excited to be partnering with some of my favorite companies, BOSU Fitness & SweatPink to bring you a MONTH of some amazing workouts, a fun Instagram Challenge, and chances for YOU to win a bOSU of your own!
You guys know that I have been a BOSU fan for a long time (check out my BOSU Core Workout and my Full Body BOSU HIIT Workout for more!) so the fact that I actually get to partner with them is like a dream come true!
To be part of the challenge you don’t need a to have a BOSU of your own, just follow along on Instagram and use the hashtag #BOSUStrong to join in on the fun! Make sure to follow me @LiveFitGirl to keep up with the challenge and find out more info!
For the first week of the challenge I am bringing you a brand NEW total body HIIT workout!
BOSU Total Body HIIT Workout
Complete this workout 3-4 times through to burn calories and get an amazing full body workout!
- Mountain Climber Burpees – These are a double whammy!! Start as if you were doing a regular BOSU burpee. Hold onto the BOSU and lower down into a low squat, placing the dome side down to the floor. Balance with the upper body as you jump the feet back into a plank position. Perform a mountain climber on each side, then jump both feet back in to your low squat, and stand bringing the BOSU over head.
- Alternating Push Ups – Place the BOSU flat side down and start in a plank position with on the dome side. Step your RIGHT hand off the BOSU and onto the floor into a wide push up position. Lower into your push up, and then press back up, coming back onto the dome in your plank. Repeat on the other side stepping the LEFT arm off the BOSU. Complete side to side for a total of 10 repetitions.
- Mountain Climbers – Flip the BOSU dome side down and position both hands on the flat surface. Keep the flat side of the BOSU as parallel to the floor as possible as your perform mountain climbers for 30 seconds as fast as you can.
- Front Lunges – With the dome side up, step your RIGHT foot on top of the BOSU, and your LEFT foot back into a lunge stance. Keeping your balance as much as possible, lower into a lunge position, getting as low as you can. Press the weight into the heel and straighten back up, getting the back leg completely straight. Repeat all repetitions with the RIGHT leg forward and then switch sides.
- Military Planks – Keeping the BOSU dome side up, Lower yourself down into a plank position with your elbows on the dome. Press your weight slightly into your LEFT side as you lift your RIGHT hand up and place in where your RIGHT elbow was, and bring yourself all the way up into a full plank, straightening the LEFT arm as well. Lower the RIGHT elbow back down first, followed by the LEFT and repeat. Complete all repetitions on the RIGHT side and then switch to lead with the LEFT.
- Full Oblique Twists – Lay over the dome of the BOSU so that the dome is in the small of your lower back. Place your RIGHT hand behind your head and extend your RIGHT leg straight out. Place your LEFT foot flat on the ground and extend your LEFT arm over head. Engage your abdominals and crunch all the way up to reach the LEFT hand to the RIGHT foot. Lower back down, extending the arm and leg away from each other. Repeat all on one side and then repeat on the other side.