Well, it’s officially that time again…PUMPKIN SEASON is upon us!
To be honest, pumpkin flavored foods and treats are a newer found love for me. Growing up my mom didn’t like pumpkin, so I never had to eat it…and I just kind of thought that I didn’t like pumpkin either.
Fast forward to just a few years ago, when a client of of mine gave me a loaf of pumpkin bread for the holidays….and I LOVED it. In fact, that’s what inspired my Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe.
The same sort of story is true for oatmeal, actually. My mom doesn’t really like oatmeal, and so I was probably the only kid alive who wasn’t forced to eat oatmeal growing up.
I have literally tried, and tried, and tried to like oatmeal and I just can never get over the mushy, pasty texture. I eventually have found a liking for steel cut oats, because they don’t lose their texture so much when cooked…the only problem is they take SO LONG to cook!
Luckily for me, I found a solution! Coach’s Oats sent me a bag of their patented Cracked ‘n’ Toasted Oats to try…and let me tell you…there is nothing like this oatmeal…seriously!
What makes their oats different, is that they are toasted to bring the natural sugars to the surface of the oat, then cracked into small pieces. This makes them never soggy AND microwaveable in just 5 minutes!
I’m really excited to finally have found an oatmeal that I actually love. I have been experimenting with all sort of recipes since…Have you ever done that too when you find a new food you like? It’s like you HAVE to try it a million different ways?
One of my favorites right now is actually this Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal. It’s super easy to throw everything together and it perfect for a portable breakfast for when you’re on the go! It’s the perfect breakfast to make on Sunday morning and to enjoy all week! Yay for super easy meal prepping! 😉
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Coach's Oats Oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon gound allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease and 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Lightly roast pecan for 4-6 minutes on a baking sheet, or until fragrant, and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin purée, almond milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add oats and spices, and mix until well combined.
- Spread oat mixture into the greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
Coach’s Oats is also giving all of YOU a discount on their oats. Use the discount code FITBBM to receive 20% off your order of 1-2 bags of Coach’s Oats!
AND stay tuned and be sure you’re following me on Instagram for a chance to win a bag of Coach’s Oats!
Is there a food that you always though you didn’t like…and then found out you actually liked it a lot?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Coach’s Oats. As always opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the Live Fit Girls!