I don’t know about you but I’m so glad that football season is back! I love being able to relax on a Monday night with friends and enjoy tasty foods while watching the game.
And as you know, I love hosting get togethers at my apartment and recreating traditional foods, making them healthier without losing any taste.
This year I’m teaming up with Silk to sideline meat during their #MeatlessMondayNight challenge.
Meatless Mondays are a great way to add more plant-based foods into your diet, so they are challenging others to sideline meat as well, starting with Monday Night Football games. They are giving away the Ultimate Gameday Room Makeover to one lucky winner who pledges to sideline meat during the games. (Click HERE to enter!)
I think that’s a fantastic idea! As you know I was a pescetarian for almost 10 years, so I had get creative with adding in more plant-based protein sources (seriously, you can only eat so much fish!). And even though I have gone back to eating meat, I still rely heavily on a plant-based diet to help me reach my fitness goals.
For the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge I created this Vegan Queso Dip, using cashews as a base. This is the third time I’ve used cashews to make a vegan/dairy free cheese and let me let you, every time I try a new cheese recipe using cashews I am still always surprised at how much it taste like real cheese.
Since I was using cashews, I though I would try out Silk’s new Cashew Milk. You already know I am a huge fan of almond milk, so I was excited to try out their newest product for this recipe.
This cheese recipe was so simple that I will definitely be making it again for another tailgate party soon! You literally just throw everything in your food processor and you’re good to go!
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce with 2 tablespoons of sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Place cashews in your food processor and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the food processor when needed.
- Once the cashews have turned into a smooth butter, add all remaining ingredients except the pico de gallo, and process until smooth and well blended.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and using a spoon mix in the pico de gallo. Pour mixture into a serving dish and serve with your favorite healthy tortilla chips.
Have you ever made a vegan cheese before?
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.