Are you ready for week 4 of the #BOSUstrong challenge?!
I have rounded up some of my favorite BOSU Ab exercises to tone and tighten your midsection.
This workout is the PERFECT routine to add in after your cardio, or to do in it own a few times through for some serious tunny tightening! 😉 It will tone your upper abdominals and lower abdominals for a nice flat stomach. It will also wrk those obliques which are important for really defining that waistline! You will LOVE how your abs look after this! 😉
Are you subscribed to The Live Fit Girl YouTube Channel? I’ll be adding more recipes, quick tips, and lifestyle vlogs soon! Be the first to
see when I upload them and subscribe to my channel HERE — My most recent upload was No-Bake Brownie Bites 🙂 See it here and thanks for subscribing!
Click HERE for your FREE printable version!
The BEST BOSU Ab Exercises
Do this ab workout 2-3 times by itself for incredible ab toning, or add it to the end of your cardio workout for double trouble! 😉
- BOSU Twisting Climber – Start with the BOSU dome-side down, and position both hands on the flat surface. Keep the flat side of the BOSU as parallel to the floor as possible as you bring your RIGHT knee over towards your LEFT elbow, then step it back into a plank. Alternate sides to bring your LEFT knee in to your RIGHT elbow. You can perform these slow or fast for 30-60 seconds.
- BOSU Twisting Crunch – Lay over the dome of the BOSU so that the dome is in the small of your lower back. Place your RIGHT hand behind your head and extend your RIGHT leg straight out. Place your LEFT foot flat on the ground and extend your LEFT arm over head. Engage your abdominals and crunch all the way up to reach the LEFT hand to the RIGHT foot. Lower back down, extending the arm and leg away from each other. Repeat all repetitions on one side and then repeat on the other side.
- BOSU V-Sits – Have a seat on top of your BOSU and position your hands behind you on the floor, on the edge of the BOSU, or for more of a challenge, reach them out in front of you. Bring your knees up, one leg at a time, and find your balance at the top. Once you have found your balance, squeeze both legs together and extend them out at a 45 degree angle, reaching them out long. Use your lower abs to pull your knees back in towards your chest. Be sure to keep your chest lifted and your spine straight!
- BOSU Mermaid Plank – Come into a side plank, with your elbow on the dome of the BOSU. You can have your feet stacked (more challenging), or you can have the top leg in front, for a staggered stance. Reach your top arm to the sky, and let your bottom hip drop slightly to the ground. Before it touches the ground, use those bottom oblique muscles to lift your hips back up, squeezing those obliques.
- BOSU Plank -Position yourself so that your toes are on the center of the dome of the BOSU and place your elbows directly under your shoulders. Engage those ab muscles and lift the hips into a plank position. Keep your hips up a little higher than you think you need to for this exercise, because when your feet are elevated, it makes the exercise a whole lot harder!
I have been asked by a few other fit girls to do another challenge soon, so I want to know — what type of Fit Girl Challenge would you like to see next?!