As you ladies know, I LOVE my yoga.
Yoga is one of the few fitness disciplines that I am not certified in, and I really enjoy that fact, because I can actually go into a class and not think about how I would structure a class, or the music, or anything else but my practice.
It actually lets me tune everything out and focus on how my body feels and what it needs.
Since moving to Minneapolis, I have really put a focus on being kind to my body — as opposed to living in NYC, where everything was stressful, including my workout schedule. So, I’ve been very conscious of making sure I get 3 yoga classes in each week to help with my stress levels and flexibility.
Well, after 9 months of using my crappy Target yoga mat…it was seriously time for a new yoga mat!
For the last week I have used my new mat every. single. day. to test it out for you lovely ladies! And I am obsessed with it! Not only does this mat have amazing quality…but it’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
Here are some other reasons to love Yoga Design Lab Mats:
- Their mats are made from natural tree rubber and microfiber
- All their mats are eco-friendly — they’re biodegradable!
- Free of Latex, silicone, and phthalates
- You can wash it in your washing machine for easy cleaning
- Non-slip…like seriously! I have really sweat palms (yuck, I know :P), so I forever have been battling slipping on my mat. This mat actually grips better the more you sweat! 😉
- They also donate $1 from every purchase to support Urban Youth Yoga Programs in need…I LOVE when companies give back! It’s so inspiring!
To celebrate my new mat, I put together a quick Total Body Yoga Stretch Routine to help you relax tight muscles, and maintain your flexibility.
This routine is the perfect sequence to add in after a workout no matter if you’re running or strength training, or it’s perfect to do at the end of a long day. Ever muscles group will feel longer and more relaxed! Enjoy!
** There is no printable version for this routine, it is follow-along-style! 🙂
Yoga Design Lab wants to share the yoga love with all of YOU with a special 10% discount code!
at checkout to get 10% off your purchase until November 30th!
What’s your favorite way to de-stress and focus on your own needs?