If you live in a household where Monday nights are for football (or Saturdays, or Sundays, or Fridays if you’re in the south with all it’s massive high school games, or heck, now even Thursdays)…I have one of the EASIEST and tastiest snacks to add into your arsenal of Game Day snacks.
I’ve teamed up with one of my favorite brands, Blue Diamond Almonds, to bring you some Game Changing Flavor combos to spice up your Game Day menu.
The recipe I chose to tweak is one of my all time favorite go-to recipes to make for parties and especially for the holidays — Chocolate Pretzel Bites!
For the past 4 or 5 years I have been making these little tasty snacks to give out to friends for the holidays or for holiday parties like Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or any holiday I can think of really.
Normally I use colored M&M’s that relate to the holiday, so for Christmas I use red and green, Valentine’s Day I use pink, red, and white…but for game day I decided to change it up and make a smokey, salty, sweet snack — especially to satisfy the men around — so I used the Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds.
The flavors from the smokey almonds, with good quality dark chocolate, and the salty crunchiness from the pretzels is ADDICTING!
And the simplicity of this recipe is absolutely ridiculous. From start to finish they take 5 MINUTES…and then waiting for the chocolate takes another 5 minutes minutes or so…but seriously…you will love how easy this recipe is.
You could also creative and use different kinds of chocolate…I’ve used it all before — white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate…and you could even get creative with almond flavors! A simpler raw almond would be just as addicting! 😉
All you do is place a piece of chocolate on a square pretzel (I used the Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers — but Hersey’s kisses would be ok too!), place them in a 200 degree oven for 3-5 minutes, pull them out and place an almond on top. Let them cool and harden…and you have the tastiest and easiest Game Day snack in minutes!
- 50 square pretzels
- 50 dark chocolate melting wafers
- 50 Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on the baking sheet and place a chocolate wafer in the middle of each pretzel.
- Bake the pretzels and chocolate for 3-5 minutes until soft and shiny (but not melting completely, they should still hold their shape) .
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and quickly place an almond on top of each piece of chocolate, pressing down very gently.
- Allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
What’s one of your go-to simple snacks for parties and holidays?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always, my opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting The Live Fit Girls!