With 2015 all wrapped up, and me finally getting a hold of the chaos that is my life right now, I wanted to take a minute to highlight the Best of the Best in 2015.
With each New Year, The Live Fit Girls turns one year older. That’s right, I wrote the very first post on January 1st, 2014. So with The Live Fit Girls just turning TWO (check back tomorrow for the perfect single serve birthday treat! 😉 ), I thought it would be fun to do a little recap of the blog in 2015 and review some all time fan favorites!
I also wanted to give you a little heads up about a few things to come in 2016. A crazy amount has happened in the last two years and this year doesn’t look at all like it will be slowing down! <– But we’ll talk more about all that tomorrow, too! 😉
Most Popular Workouts in 2015
- Have a Ball Full Body Workout – This was my very first post that went INSTANTLY viral on Pinterest. I’ve had a few that are viral…but none that blew up so quickly! With last year being a big year for my first stability ball workout, and now this, I think it’s safe to say that people LOVE the stability ball! Which makes a lot of sense since it’s one of the most common pieces of equipment for your home. So keep an eye out in 2016 year for many more workouts that use the stability ball!
- Flat Abs in 5! – I was a little surprised at this one, to be honest. This year I put a lot of effort into making workout videos for you, and this is one of the few workouts this year that wasn’t a video. I’m thinking that the 5 minute workouts are pretty popular as well…so get ready for some 5 minute efficient workouts!
- Resistance Band Arms and Abs – I was NOT surprised by this one at all. Last year, my resistance Band Ab Workout was THE most popular workout on the blog, so I created this workout based on how well the last one did…I get a TON of search traffic for people looking to work their abs with a resistance band, so I purposely created this new workout for that reason! 🙂
Most Popular Recipe in 2015
- Skinny Baja Chicken Tacos – Well I’m with everyone on this one! (You should know my love of tacos by now!) This is one of my most favorite recipes on the blog HANDS DOWN…They are so flipping good…and I’ll probably be making these again this week…I’ve been craving them like mad! So, if you have’t tried them…DO IT!
- Blackened Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa – This is also one of my favorite recipes because they are packed with flavor. These were technically posted on 2014…but somehow this year they have made a major comeback and are WAY more popular than they were last year so they made the list! 🙂 These are perfect for summer cookouts and make for a really impressive (but easy) recipe to entertain with!
- Simple Fish and Veggie Packets – The combination of simplicity, 20 minutes, and few ingredients with tons of flavor make this a fan favorite. These are great for making during the week because of our fast and simply they are. In 2016, I plan on creating more simple and FAST full-meal recipes than can be made in 20-30 minutes, so get excited!
Most Popular Fit Tips in 2015
- Meal Prepping Basics ( & Bonus Recipes!) – Again this was actually posted in 2014, but because it is THE MOST POPULAR post on the blog of all time, I decided to bring it back. This was my viral post and still brings in more traffic than any other post on the blog. It’s an in-depth “How-to” with everything you need to know about meal prepping AND includes a downloadable grocery list, recipes, and links to the easiest meals to prep ahead of time. I put a ton of time into this post and I am so glad it helps so many people! I’m brainstorming ways I can create something similar to help you guys out…I’m thinking of possibly a healthy crockpot prep or overnight oats, or something like that! Let me know if you have any ideas!
- The ULTIMATE Clean Eating COSTCO Shopping List – So with this I’ve realized that you all LOVE lists and downloads…so in 2016 I already have planned creating more lists to help you reach your goals.
- DIY Green Smoothie Freezer Packs – This was my first “spin off” of my meal prepping post and I’m happy to see how popular it was. It just reinforced that you gals are looking for easy ways to meal prep and save time!
So what was your favorite post in 2015? Let me know in the comments!