So, you ladies know I am ALL about meal prepping! It’s probably my NUMBER ONE tip, for living a healthy lifestyle.
It makes healthy nutrition SO much easier — especially when you have a crazy, busy schedule — AND it ensures that you are never searching your fridge when you get hangry (hungry + angry = hangry).
One of my newest recipe finds I’ve added to my weekly meal prep rotation are these really simple SPICY Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs.
Now, you have probably heard me talking about chicken breasts here on the blog — and that’s completely true. Since I began eating meat again about two years ago, I have almost ALWAYS stuck with chicken breasts.
But, a few weeks ago, while at Whole Foods, Nik was in charge of going to get some boneless, skinless chicken breasts…anddddd because he is a man (sorry any men out there!), he didn’t look at the package and picked up boneless, skinless chicken THIGHS.
So, of course, when I looked at them when we got home, I got frustrated with him for all of 2 minutes…until I realized that it actually gave me an opportunity to try some new recipes — that I obviously would share with YOU!
It’s true that chicken breasts are a little bit lower in fat — but, once you trim any excess fat off on the thighs, it’s really not that much more…and they are almost ALWAYS cheaper than chicken breasts! BOOM! Fit girl on a budget! 😉
This entire recipe takes only 25 minutes from start to finish and is PACKED with so much flavor. I have made these about 4 times already and LOVE how easy it is to make a huge batch of them to last the entire week.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (fat trimmed off)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together and set aside.
- Un-tuck chicken thighs so they are flat, and rub both sides with your spice mixture. Place the chicken thighs flat onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare a glaze from the honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Once the chicken is cooked 7-9 minutes per side, remove from the oven and drizzle with the glaze. Return the chicken back to the oven and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite recipe using chicken thighs? I want to try more recipes now!