Can we just talk about the fact that I love just about anything and EVERYTHING that is small and/or miniature??
For example these mini cast iron skillets?? LOVE.
I can’t be the only girl out there that’s like this…right?
There’s just something about all things small — small puppies (like my little one, Bella), small notebooks (yes weird, I know), and small cooking tool…I don’t know, I just think they are all the cutest!!
Anyway, let’s get to this recipe, shall we?
So, you by no means have to use mini skillets here, a large cast iron skillet will work just fine.
But, this recipe will most likely become a favorite of yours, and if you want to “wow” any of your friends with a fancy little brunch meal, the mini skillets are the way to go! 😉
But really, this recipe is so. darn. easy.
It’s become a staple in my weekend brunch rotation. Only 5 ingredients, and ready in under 15 minutes — yup, I’m ALL about it!
It’s the perfect recipe to make when you need something quick, but still want to impress company. It’s even perfect for a quick weekday meal too!
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (I used canned, no-salt added -- but fresh works too!)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup white beans, rinsed
- 2-4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons skinny pesto
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet (I used two mini skillets) over a medium heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes and water and cook for a minute or two until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the white beans and heat through for another minute.
- Carefully crack the eggs in the skillet, and transfer to the oven. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the whites are cooked, and the yolks are still runny.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with skinny pesto, and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite Brunch recipe that is your go-to?? Let me know in the comments!