Let’s talk about fitness trackers for a minute… Honestly, I’ve never had one. I never really thought I needed one. Up until a year-ish ago, I was always working at a gym training clients. I was standing all day, walking around, demonstrating exercises, teaching classes, and working out. I knew I was being active enough.
It wasn’t until I started working from home that I started to feel like my own fitness was starting to decline. So, when Fitfluential and Polar asked me to collaborate with them for their fitness tracker the Polar A360 and to test out their smart scale the Polar Balance…I literally JUMPED at the opportunity!
I also haven’t owned a scale in…7 years?? And even though I am a strong advocate that the number on the scale doesn’t define you (or your fitness status), I do think it is important to know where you stand weight-wise.
But what I liked about the Polar Balance scale was that it actually syncs up with the a360 fitness tracker AND the Polar Flow app…WHAT?!
Seriously, it’s amazing! All these gadgets all work together to help you reach your fitness goals. I’ve only had a few days to play around with everything, but expect a more in depth review next week after I’ve had some time to play with everything a little more!
And that’s not all, Polar is actually launching their #PolarShapeUpChallenge soon and will be creating an entire e-book filled with amazing workouts (including the one below!) to further help you reach your goals! You ladies know I love a good fitness challenge — so make sure you check it out!
I’ve created this awesome Bikini Body HIIT Workout for you to get your heart rate up, and blast some calories. I’ll also be sharing another workout next week as well so stay tuned for that! 😉
Bikini Body HIIT Workout
- Walking Lunges – Find a long hallway or take it outside, and take a large step forward, bending both knees to 90 degrees. Keeping all your weight in your front heel, push yourself forward to stand all the way up. These are a GREAT booty builder!
- Jump Squats – Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, and your knees and shoulders slightly turned out to the side. Lower that booty down into a squat, keeping your weight in your heels. Use the hamstrings and booty to drive through your heels and jump straight up. Land softly, rolling from the toes down to the heels, and sink down into your squat to repeat.
- Push Ups & Twist – These are tough! Start with your feet on the bench and your hands on the ground in a plank position. Be sure that your shoulders are directly over your hands. Lower your body in a straight line down into a push up. Keep your abs tight and press back up. At the top of your push up, rotate into a side plank, then lower back down and repeat on the other side. To modify, turn around and place your hands on the bench, or just do the push up on the ground.
- Step ps & Thigh Thinners – Start standing sideways to the bench with one foot on the bench. Press through the heel of the foot on the bench to work the hammies and booty! As you step up, lift your outside leg to work the outer thighs and hips, lower the leg down and to the ground, and repeat. Do 15 repetitions and then switch sides.
- Mountain Climbers – Come down to a plank position on your hands, and keep your abs engaged and your shoulders over your hands. Engage your abs and use your lower abs to pull your RIGHT knee in towards your chest. Quickly switch legs and go as quickly as you can while keeping your belly pulled in tight. Continue for 30 seconds.
- Tricep Dips – Sit on the edge of a bench with your hands on the edge and fingers pointing towards you. Press into your hands to lift your hips up. Hover just slightly in front of the chair and bend at the elbows to lower down. Keep your chest lifted, and shoulders out of your ears as you use the triceps to straighten your arms.
After your workout I would suggest getting in a protein rich snack or meal. I love having this tasty Pineapple Coconut Kale Smoothie after a tough HIIT workout. It’s super easy and SO delicious, all you do is blend up the ingredients below!
Pineapple Coconut Kale Smoothie
1 cup coconut water
1 cup loosely packed kale
1 cup diced pineapple
1 scoop/serving vanilla protein powder (this is the one I use)
1-2 teaspoons honey
1 cup ice
Interested in getting your own Polar a360? Use the code POLARFITBLOG for 20% off any Polar Activity Trackers or the Polar Balance. Code expires 8/31/16.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Polar US . The opinions and text are all mine.