Lengthen every major muscle with this quick full body stretch routine. Increase your flexibility with these daily stretching exercises.
Happy Monday Fit Girls!
You know I am a HUGE advocate for recovery days and getting tons of stretching, foam rolling, yoga, and epsom salt baths in. But it’s been a while since you’ve gotten a new stretching routine — so for week 2 of the #BeachBumChallenge here is your new Full Body Stretching Routine!
You will love this new routine! I’ve added in using a yoga strap for this stretch routine to get a little deeper into those muscles!
If you don’t have a yoga strap, you can always use a towel or even a resistance band to help you get deep into these stretches.
Remember to hold each stretch for at least 30-60 seconds, and try to stretch most days! Your muscles will thank you and your posture will improve — you’ll not only feel better, but you’ll look more confident and stand taller too babe! 😉
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Full Body Stretch Routine
- Neck Stretch – Bring your LEFT ear towards your LEFT shoulder. Use your LEFT hand to gently add pressure by placing it on the top side of your head to increase the stretch slightly. Flex through the RIGHT palm and think of pressing your palm towards the floor. You can tilt your head forward slightly and back slightly to find spots of tension. Hold for 15-30 seconds, then switch sides.
- Tricep Stretch – Stand with feet hip distance apart and bring your RIGHT hand over your head as if you were going to pat yourself on the back. Place your LEFT hand on top of your elbow and gently press down, to feel a stretch in the back of your RIGHT arm. Hold for about 30 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
- Shoulder Stretch – Hold loosely onto a yoga strap or a towel, much wider than shoulder width apart. Start with the band down in front of you, keeping the strap relatively taught. Keeping your arms straight, bring the strap over head and a little behind you. If you have the flexibility, bring the strap all the way down towards your hips behind you. Then bring it back up and over in front of you, making circles with your arms. You should feel a nice stretch at the very top of the stretch and a little behind you. Complete about 10-15 circles.
- Hamstring Stretch – Lay on your back and extend your RIGHT leg up to the ceiling. Make a loop with the strap, then place your foot in the hoop. Gently pull down with the strap to increase the stretch and slightly pull the leg in towards the chest. Make sure to keep a tiny bend in your knee, so that you don’t lock it out. You can choose to extend your other leg out straight on the floor, or keep the knee bent with your foot flat on the floor.
- Inner Thigh Stretch – From your hamstring stretch position, keep both hips and shoulder completely grounded on the mat. Let your leg fall slightly out the the side away from you, creating a sort of hammock with the strap holding your leg. Feel a stretch in the inner thigh, but again, be sure to keep the opposite hip grounded to the mat for the best stretch.
- IT-Band Stretch – This is similar to the inner thigh stretch, but once finished stretching the inner thighs, bring the leg back up to the center, and then very slightly cross the leg over your body. Be sure to keep the leg very straight and flex through your foot. You should feel a stretch in the outside of the leg, and even down through the outside of the calf. Once you complete the Hamstring, Inner Thigh, and IT Band stretch on one side, repeat them on the other side.
- Quad Stretch – Lay on your stomach, then prop your hand one on top of the other with your elbows out to the side. Scoop your abs tight to keep your spine neutral. Then bend your RIGHT knee to bring your heel towards your booty. Grab the foot right where your shoelaces would be, and help to pull the heel closer in towards your bum. Be sure to keep the knee close to the mat to get the deepest stretch.
- Chest Stretch – Stay on your stomach on the mat, then extend your RIGHT arm out to the side in a “T” shape. Slowly and carefully start to roll your body back over to the right. You should start to feel a deep stretch in your chest and the front of your shoulders. Remember to keep the shoulders relaxed and away from your ears. Hold for 30-60 seconds, then switch sides.
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Now after getting in these amazing stretched, remember to get in AT LEAST 80 ounces of water today. You will be feeling unstoppable!