Who says summer is over?! There are still over 5 WEEKS left until summer is over….
I always feel like everyone starts to jump the gun when August rolls around…but let’s not forget, summer doesn’t officially end until September 20th…so we still have over 5 weeks to celebrate!
And speaking of celebrating, I wanted to share one of my favorite little, frozen treats that I have been LOVING this summer.
This summer has been filled with tons of things to celebrate…I got a job teaching Pilates again, here in Los Angeles (it was over a year long break and I missed it a ton!), I have made a ton of new friends, and connected with old ones, and I have been blown away with the success that the blog has had since moving to LA, and the amazing group of women in our Facebook Community. And some of my good friends and family are all getting engaged or married..Yayyyyy! 🙂
So, lets just say I have been celebrating A LOT….
But, just because I am celebrating doesn’t mean I have let my nutrition go all crazy. I love creating healthier treats to help me celebrate with friends AND still stay on track.
Enter these tasty little Raspberry Creme Truffles!!
They are seriously SO easy to make and taste ahhhh-mazing!
You only need a few ingredients — all of which are probably already in your pantry. And you’re good to go!
Basically you make a tasty smooth filling of fresh raspberries (I’ve even try them with strawberries too!), some coconut butter — which is literally just shredded coconut blended in your food processor until it turns to butter, and some honey.
Once you blend all that up and it’s nice and smooth, you coat it in a mixture of chocolate and almond milk (I used Almond Breeze… obviously 😉 )
Then comes the hardest part — waiting for it to freeze!! But it only takes about 20 minutes and BOOM — a tasty, frozen summer treat!
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup rapsberries
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- In a food processor, mix the filling ingredients together until smooth.
- Transfer the filling to a bowl, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- While the filling is hardening, line a baking sheet with wax paper, and set aside.
- Remove the filling from the freezer and use a tablespoon to scoop out the filling and roll it into a ball about 1-inch thick, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the balls back into the freezer to harden once more for about 20 minutes.
- While the balls are firming up, melt the chocolate. Place the chocolate and the almond milk in a small bowl and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds increments. Stirring each time. Once the chocolate is almost completely melted, continue to stir until it is fully melted and the mixture is smooth. (This helps to prevent the chocolate from burning!)
- Working quickly, use a toothpick to roll the balls into the chocolate and place them back onto the lined baking sheet.
- Stick the finished balls back in the freezer to firm up for about 20 more minutes.
- Store in the fridge or freezer, until your are ready to enjoy! -- They melt if left at room temperature!
What are you doing with the rest of your summer??