It’s no secret — I LOVE Christmas Cookies…
We are going on three years here at The Live Fit Girls, and three years = three Christmas cookie posts — and even MORE than three recipes! (The first year’s post has SIX different recipes!! For a grand total of EIGHT cookie recipes to make this holiday!!
I think my love of baking christmas cookies stems from helping my mom make twelve-dozen christmas cookies for her annual cookie swap each year…and while she no longer has the cookie swap…I still make a ridiculous amount of cookies…
I can’t help it…Decorating my mini 3-foot Christmas tree, listening to Christmas songs, and baking cookies is seriously my JAM…as soon as Thanksgiving is over…the festivities begin!
I go nuts — I make full batches of chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread cookies, fudge — the whole thing. It’s really a sight to see in my kitchen, I tell ya!
The best addition I made this year to my cookies was adding in a little extra protein — and not just protein — COLLAGEN. I have mentioned my recent love of collagen before, but seriously this stuff is amazing. And what’s even better is that Vital Proteins has come out with a VANILLA version of their amazing collagen peptides.
Seriously, I’m obsessed with this stuff…I’ve been adding collagen it to my iced coffee ☕️ every morning, and I even put it in my breakfast muffins and donuts 🍩 — so when Vital Proteins released their new vanilla version, I could’t wait to try it.
When I first opened the jar of the vanilla collagen, I was blown away by the amazing vanilla aroma — they use REAL vanilla beans! YES, like actual vanilla beans — no fake flavoring…seriously, it was like dying and going to a beautiful, collagen filled heaven!
Here’s why I am obsessed with collagen:
♥︎ Keeps you beautiful – stronger and more youthful looking hair, skin, and nails — I’m in!🙋
♥︎ Promotes better sleep — YES, I need all the help I can get!💤
♥︎ Keeps your immune system, digestive system, and central nervous system healthy and strong 💪
♥︎ Helps repair and protect joints and bones, and increases athletic performance.👟
I also used almond flour, instead of regular flour or oat flour. So, these cookies are much lower in carbs than regular cookies.🍪 SCORE!
And then, of course the collagen makes these super high in protein — which also helps to bring the glycemic index down quite a bit too. So you can enjoy these cookies without having a huge spike in blood sugar, which can lead to yucky belly fat.
The best part is you can make these for any occasion — just get cookie cutters to match the season! I’m going to make another batch of these for Valentine’s day!💕
- In a standing mixer, cream together the coconut oil, and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, Vital Proteins, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer running on low, add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Form the dough into a ball with your hands and place on a piece of plastic wrap. Form the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 -- I did it overnight.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with coconut flour and roll the dough out until it is 1/4 thick. Cut out the cookies using your favorite cookie cutters. Work somewhat quickly so the dough stays cold. Using a spatula, transfer the cut cookies to the baking sheets. Place the baking sheets in the freezer for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees -- TRUST ME, you'll want your dough nice and cold so your cookies don't spread too much.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool on a baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!
What cookies are you making this year?
This post is in partnership with Vital Proteins. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Live Fit Girls possible.