This muffin top workout will target your obliques and abs like crazy. Each exercise will tighten and tone your waistline, for a beautiful hourglass shape!
Good morning, ladies!! I super excited to share a new ab workout with you today!
It’s a quick 5 minute muffin top melting workout, so you can finish it in no time at all!
All the exercises in this muffin top workout will target your obliques. And just in case you didn’t know your obliques are your side abdominals muscles. They are responsible for twisting your torso, and bending your torso side to side.
You obliques are also the muscles that give you that beautiful hourglass shape throughout your waistline.
So in this ab workout you will be twisting, bending, and tightening your way to a gorgeous midsection!💕
Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat (in Chevron)
Melt the Muffin Top Workout
- Ab Curls – Start by laying on your back with your knees in a table top position, and you arms straight by your sides. Engage your abs and keep your belly flat as you can. Lift your head and chest off the mat into a crunch and reach your arms down by your hips. Keep the hips steady and lower your head back down to repeat 10 times.
- Side Bends – Stay in your ab curl position, and on your last one and keep your arms out long. Use your abs to keep your hips steady. Then reach your RIGHT arm out a little farther down towards your RIGHT hip. Come back to the center staying lifted in your ab curl, and then reach to the LEFT. You should feel a little pinch in your working obliques. Complete 10 bends on each side.
- Corkscrew – Bring your legs straight up towards the sky, then place your hands behind your head as you lift into an ab curl. With your legs glued together, draw a circle with your toes, bringing both over to the RIGHT, down through the center, and up on the LEFT side. When you hit the top of the circle, reverse your circle in the opposite direction. Complete 5 circles in each direction.
- Starfish Crunch – Lay on your back and extend your arms overhead in a “V” shape, then reach your legs out long on the floor. Peel your RIGHT arm and LEFT leg off the mat and curl your head and chest up. Twist towards your leg then touch your hand to your opposite toes. Lower back flat to the mat, and then repeat on the other side. Complete 20 repetitions total.
- Side Plank Crunch – Come into a side plank with your RIGHT elbow on the mat. Lift your LEFT leg slightly as you reach your LEFT arm overhead. Use your obliques to pull your LEFT knee and elbows towards each other to whittle your waistline. Complete 10 repetitions, and then switch sides.
Happy Monday you beautiful ladies! ♥︎
Shop Similar Styles: