I just wanted to share with you three things I am LOVING lately in honor of Valentine’s Day tomorrow.
First, I am LOVING this community, you ladies are KILLING it during this challenge and I am so proud of each and every one of you. Your dedication is inspiring, your support for each other is is overwhelming, and the happiness I see bursting from each of your posts is captivating. I LOVE being your trainer and being watching all of you grow and succeed.💕
Second, I am LOVING no equipment workouts. We have been a quite a roll this challenge with some really amazing no equipment workouts, and I am seriously digging it!👍
And last, I am LOVING YouTube lately…I mean I have always loved it, but I recently upgraded by editing software which makes editing video SO. MUCH. EASIER. Plus, my new goal for February — and beyond — is to put out two new videos each week.🎥
If you’ve headed over to my channel lately you may have seen two bonus videos posted over there over the last two weeks — but don’t worry, each will be getting a dedicated blog post as well — I’ve just been finishing getting settled in the new apartment. I can’t WAIT to share more videos with you, it’s going to be so much fun!
Anyway, I hop you LOVE this new arm and ab workout — I have a feeling you will! 😘
Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat (in Chevron)
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Love Your Arms + Abs Workout
- Twisting Tummy Tucks – Start in a plank position, and shift back into a downward facing dog, bringing your RIGHT leg up to the sky. Keeping your leg lifted, use your shoulders to shift back down to your plank, bringing the RIGHT knee towards your LEFT elbow and squeeze your abs. Press back to your three legged dog and repeat using the same leg for 10 repetitions, then switch sides.
- Dynamic Planks – Come down to a forearm plank, then press your weight slightly into your LEFT side as you lift your RIGHT hand up and place it where your RIGHT elbow was. Press yourself all the way up into a full plank, straightening the LEFT arm as well. Lower the RIGHT elbow back down first, followed by the LEFT and repeat. Complete 10 repetitions on the RIGHT side, and then switch to lead with the LEFT.
- Push Ups – Start in a plank position with your hands placed directly under your shoulders. Keep your abs pulled in tight, and your bellybutton in towards your spine. As you lower into your push-up, make sure the elbows stay close in by your sides, and point back. Press back up and repeat 15 times. (You can do these on your knees to modify, as well.)
- Twisting Scissors – Lay on your back with your hands behind your head and your legs straight up to the ceiling. Use your abs to lift your head and chest off the mat. Keeping your head lifted the entire time, rotate the torso to the RIGHT, focusing on bringing the left ribs to the right hips. As you rotate to the RIGHT, lower the left leg down, keeping it straight. Scissor the legs to bring the LEFT leg back up and lower the RIGHT leg as you rotate the torso to the LEFT. Continue alternating the legs as you twist to the opposite side. Complete 10 repetitions on each side.
- Leg Lowers – With your hands behind your head and lifted into an ab curl, straighten both legs up to the sky, and engage those lower abs. Pull the abs tight as you lower both legs towards a 45 degree position. Don’t let your lower back arch, so make sure to really keep those abs tight. Stop as soon as you start to feel the abs shake, and PULL those abs in to lift the legs back up. Repeat keeping the head lifted for 10 repetitions.
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
What are you loving lately? Let me know in the comments! ♥︎
Shop Similar Styles: