So, now that we are heading out of the #HappyNewYOU Challenge, I thought it was FINALLY time to share a little bit from our Thailand adventures back in November.
I can’t believe it’s already been 3 MONTHS since our trip…it seriously feels like just yesterday! I think it’s probably because I keep re-watching all of our videos…I seriously recommend filming as much as you can while on once in a lifetime vacations– you’ll want to watch it over and over again! (our first vlog is already live and a post is coming up soon to go with it — with a recipe!)
I’m going to do a whole recap of what I brought, travel tips, and so much more, but today I of course want to share one of my favorite workouts for this trip!
This is a workout that I did a few times in the hotel room in Phuket, but it can literally be done anywhere! All you need is a space that’s about 5 feet x 5 feet, and a chair, couch or bed and you’re good to go!
This is a total body workout that’s quick and efficient — since I know you’ll want to get OUT of your hotel room and enjoy your vacation! You can choose to do this circuit 1-4 times depending how much time you have — I even like to break it up and do one circuit in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night depending on my schedule that day.
Just a heads up…we have another vacation coming up in two weeks to Mexico, and I can’t wait to share that all soon too! Expect LOTS of healthy travel posts over the next month! 😉
a chair, bed, or couch
Wear It To Heart
Thailand Hotel Room Workout
- Squats – Bring your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart with your knees and toes slightly turned out. Place your hands behind your head and squeeze your shoulders together to open the chest. Squat down, sitting your booty back, and keep your weight in your heels and the chest open. Press up through your heels to come back to standing and repeat 15-20 times.
- Mountain Climbers – Come down to a plank position on your hands, and keep your abs engaged and your shoulders over your hands. Engage your abs and use your lower abs to pull your RIGHT knee in towards your chest. Quickly switch legs and go as quickly as you can while keeping your belly pulled in tight. Continue for 30-60 seconds.
- Tricep Dips – Sit on the edge of a chair or bench, with your hands on the edge, and fingers pointing towards you. Press into your hands to lift your hips up. Hover just slightly in front of the chair and bend at the elbows to lower down. Keep your chest lifted, and shoulders out of your ears, as you use the triceps to straighten your arms. Be sure to keep your elbows pointing back and your abs tight. Complete 15-20 repetitions.
- Rear Lunges – Stand with your feet together and hip distance apart. Slightly shift your weight into your LEFT leg.Step your right foot back into a lunge position with a 90degree bend in both legs, and then press back up to standing bringing your RIGHT knee up towards your chest. Right away step it all the way back into the lunge position and repeat. Complete 15-20 repetitions with the RIGHT leg, and then switch sides.
- Push Ups – Start in a plank position with your hands placed directly under your shoulders. Keep your abs pulled in tight, and your belly button in towards your spine. As you lower into your push-up, make sure the elbows stay close in by your sides, and point back. Press back up and repeat 15-20 times. (You can do these on your knees to modify, as well.)
Complete this circuit anywhere from 1-4 times. You can even break it up through out the day and do one or two sets in the morning, and one or two sets at night.
Happy Monday ladies! ♥︎