Your check-ins so far during the BeautifulBeachBum Challenge have be awesome! You ladies are seriously the BEST!! I am loving how supportive you all are to each other, and welcoming to all the new members in the community!
So this week we are keeping that #BeautifulBeachBum of yours moving with a little ankle weight barre workout! The last ankle weight workout I created for you seemed to be an instant fav…so of course I made you another one!
This is a little fusion of barre and booty building, and trust me, you will feel it! If you don’t have any ankle weights, you can do this entire workout without any at all and you will still get an amazing workout — just be sure to really contract those muscles.
Also, be sure to check the weekly schedule to make sure you get in all of today’s workout!
P.s. How has everyone been liking the new Booty Band SWEAT Guide?? The reviews I have been getting in the last week have been absolutely ahhh-mazingggg!! We’ve got some really good workouts from it again this week! 😉
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Ankle Weight Chair Workout
- Leg Extensions – Start standing with the the ankle weights strapped around both ankles. For extra balance, place a chair to your RIGHT so that you can hold onto the back of it, like a barre (you can also place your hand against a wall, or challenge yourself with no barre or wall at all!) Slightly shift your weight into your RIGHT leg (the one closest to the chair.) Engage your abs and stand tall so that your don’t “sink” into your standing leg. Use your lower abs to pull your LEFT knee up towards your chest, so that your thigh is parallel to the floor. Keep the thigh steady as you extend the leg out straight, squeezing the quadriceps. With control, bend the knee to lower the foot back down, but make sure you don’t let the knee lower down. Focus on hinging from your knee only, and don’t let the rest of your body move. Complete 15 repetitions, and continue onto the next exercise without switching legs.
- Side Leg Lift – Continuing with the same working leg, bring the leg back down towards the floor, hovering an inch from the ground. Make sure your knees and toes are pointing straight forward as you lift your LEFT leg directly out to the side. Keep your hips steady, and make sure you don’t lean over to the supporting side. Always make sure the working legs stays completely parallel and don’t let it turn out when you lift the leg out to the side. Complete 15 repetitions and move onto the next exercise.
- Booty Lift – For a little extra balance you can turn to face the chair, holding onto the back for support, or you can challenge yourself by only using one hand or no chair at all. Bring the same working leg slightly behind you and point the toes, still keeping the leg completely parallel. Use the booty to lift the leg back behind you, really squeezing at the top of the lift. Lower back down with control and repeat 15 times. Be sure you don’t let your working side hip lift up when you lift the leg, keep them in line with the wall in front of you.
- Leg Curl – For a little extra balance you can turn to face the chair, holding onto the back for support, or you can challenge yourself by only using one hand or no chair at all. Bring the same working leg slightly behind you and point the toes, still keeping the leg completely parallel. Use the booty to lift the leg back behind you, really squeezing at the top of the lift. Lower back down with control and repeat 15 times. Be sure you don’t let your working side hip lift up when you lift the leg, keep them in line with the wall in front of you.
- Booty Kickbacks – Holding your last leg curl, keep your foot flexed as you press the leg slightly up and back, almost as if you were trying the make a footprint on the wall behind you. With control, bring the working knee back in line with the supporting side, and repeat. Think of them as nice, slow pulses. Complete 15 kickbacks, and then return to face sideways to the chair with only the RIGHT hand on the back of the chair (if you turned in to face the chair).
- Inner Thigh Lift – Ok, last exercise on this side — then you finally get a little break for the booty! Continue working the SAME leg as before, but this time, cross the working leg in front of your supporting side so that it is reaching towards the chair. Using the inner thigh on the working leg, lift the leg up a few inches off the floor continuing to reach towards the chair, and then tap the toes on the floor to repeat 15 times.
Shake the legs out a little bit and complete everything on the other side! Get ready to feel the burn!
Find your PRINTABLE download HERE!
Let’s get ready to CRUSH this week ladies! ♥︎